What's new

Japan Photos 2021

Later in the morning, out for a ride, over to a part of town where my wife grew up. I like this kind of place (first pic), but it's hard to show the whole thing while also getting the feel right--always to the right or left there's a light pole, another far more modern building/house, etc. Second is a crop, trying to isolate but at the same time also reveal/display what it is, what it seems like to be there and look at it. As with many things, this is an experiment, something to look at and wonder about, how it might be done differently, or better.

old kanaiwa.jpeg

old kanaiwa:b.jpeg

I like both views. It's also interesting to see the building's surroundings, particularly when there's a stark contrast between the old and the modern - as so often in Japan.

Nice one! :)

No, these are just pulled, yesterday, I think, and they are left this way before then being tied up and hung in bunches for further drying. (so not destined for composting, like some of my other pics...!)

This, on the other hand, is another glimpse of the ongoing evolution of the compost box. No idea what the squiggly things are:

squiggles.jpeg

Taking advantage of the beautiful weather before 梅雨 kicks in: Lake Tama this morning.

full

There's a low pressure way down south that is moving north, and I think is going to push the rain front ahead of it. Sun-Mon-Tue are looking like rain, at least here.

There's a low pressure way down south that is moving north, and I think is going to push the rain front ahead of it. Sun-Mon-Tue are looking like rain, at least here.

Yes, same here: bad weather as of Saturday. Until then, I'm trying to get in as many rides as possible, lol.

When I was in mitaka those were going over--not dense like air traffic in a US city, since their were the only planes up there, but more than a few a day.

I wasn't counting on being in the shot, only saw that afterwards. But at least I did have my shorts on already (tho that part is kind of pixelated).

Recent project is copying a huge number of old slides--early 70s, korea days. For most all of them, the quality is not particularly good, and I was early 20s, no training/experience at all, just stumbling around with cameras. I was also doing some of my own processing (ektachrome), and experimenting with speeding that up or slowing it down. That film was ASA 64, and I'd sometimes shoot it at 32 or 16, and then compensate during processing (which was guesswork). Many of the slides seem to have a bluish cast, and it could be that, or just age.

Anyway, this one is likely kodachrome, and processed by kodak. It's not at all sharp, and doesn't look good big, but it's one that happened to to turn out as an acceptable photograph, instead of just a snapshot.

DSCF1542.JPG

Recent project is copying a huge number of old slides--early 70s, korea days. For most all of them, the quality is not particularly good, and I was early 20s, no training/experience at all, just stumbling around with cameras. I was also doing some of my own processing (ektachrome), and experimenting with speeding that up or slowing it down. That film was ASA 64, and I'd sometimes shoot it at 32 or 16, and then compensate during processing (which was guesswork). Many of the slides seem to have a bluish cast, and it could be that, or just age.

Anyway, this one is likely kodachrome, and processed by kodak. It's not at all sharp, and doesn't look good big, but it's one that happened to to turn out as an acceptable photograph, instead of just a snapshot.

(y) I hope you'll show us some more of your Korean work. If you don't want to post it to this thread, you could start a photo journal.

Now, if only @Uncle Frank shared his 70s Japan photo collection with us... :)

Back
Top Bottom