What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Japan Photos 2021

johnnyG

先輩
Reaction score
Later in the morning, out for a ride, over to a part of town where my wife grew up. I like this kind of place (first pic), but it's hard to show the whole thing while also getting the feel right--always to the right or left there's a light pole, another far more modern building/house, etc. Second is a crop, trying to isolate but at the same time also reveal/display what it is, what it seems like to be there and look at it. As with many things, this is an experiment, something to look at and wonder about, how it might be done differently, or better.

old kanaiwa.jpeg

old kanaiwa:b.jpeg

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
I like both views. It's also interesting to see the building's surroundings, particularly when there's a stark contrast between the old and the modern - as so often in Japan.

Nice one! :)

johnnyG

先輩
Reaction score
No, these are just pulled, yesterday, I think, and they are left this way before then being tied up and hung in bunches for further drying. (so not destined for composting, like some of my other pics...!)

johnnyG

先輩
Reaction score
This, on the other hand, is another glimpse of the ongoing evolution of the compost box. No idea what the squiggly things are:

squiggles.jpeg

Top Bottom