What's new

Japan Photos 2021

被害多発!盗撮に注意!

full

Some stations on Toei Shinjuku Line are plastered with these posters. This seems to be quite a frequent occurrence.

Here's what one of our cycle mates from Yokota (the airbase is visible west of the dino's snout) rode a few weeks ago. :LOL:

dinocycle.jpg

There are other PG-rated motives out there that cannot be posted. Think of the "Ever Give" before she entered the Suez Canal.

It must take some detailed planning before the ride . To even come up with the idea is pretty cool. I had never heard of it until I came across it.

Here in Maine , we live by the saying "red sky in the morning , sailors take warning" and all the boats stayed in the harbor. Then the weatherman tells us it going to be a beautiful day and ruins it , LOL.

C'mon, guys, don't pretend you didn't take any sakura pictures. Share the pink! :LOL:

Here's our neighbourhood temple, as always.

sakura-2021-10.jpg

sakura-2021-13.jpg

sakura-2021-15.jpg

And from Tama rides:

sakura-2021-04.jpg

sakura-2021-07.jpg

Sorry, no cherry blossoms, but here are some that I haven't posted. One is in strong late aft. sun, so stronger colors, the other probably overcast.

The 'sun' one is pictured a little closer, the other is backed up a little. Top center you can see a chunk of renkon, and if you orient from there, there are some other things identifiable in both pics (above and left of a diagonal from lower left to upper right). And below and right of that general line, what was added to the heap.

compost in sun.jpeg

compost.jpeg

I'm jealous of your weather. We are getting snow here in Maine tonight. It won't amount to much , just mother nature telling us winter is not over.
200.gif

From today's commute: kikuzakura and yaezakura, methinks...

full

full

full

And close to the Tama estuary:

tamagawa-panorama.jpg

Not even a bud yet on my cherry tree. I'm amazed how tough my tree is. A drunk ran into it with a pickup truck and it survived. When the city ran a new water line into my house , they cut all the roots on one side off right up to the trunk. In the high winds we get and only roots on one side , the wind hasn't blown it over. I had to cut one major limb off to keep it out on my electrical wire to my house. I hope it keeps going , LOL. It was planted around 1950 when the house was built.

This Japanese photographer was featured on JT and his art is truly amazing.

Below his accounts:

https://twitter.com/Hisa0808

https://www.instagram.com/ag.lr.88/

Simple colors, tho the light is harsh. I'll leave to everyone to guess at the deeply esoteric, intertwined and ever-shifting levels of meaning, cultural relevancy, and dialectic commentary that this presents to the viewer... ;)

battered card.jpeg

(Tho I do wonder if the same shot done on a rainy day might do all that, but better.)

@thomas I like that, esp the older machine on the right (was it still running?)--and is that also a tool tray next to it?

The window with the tool display is also cool, tho as you probably know, glass can reflect the photographer taking the pic, too. (as above) It'd be nice to get a better look at what's there in that window.

Back
Top Bottom