What's new

Japan Photos 2020

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
It's already February and we haven't started our photo thread yet! 😲

I'm just posting two alibi pictures taken in January, I have it on good authority that @イェンス has more goodies. 😉

electric-spaghetti.jpg

This is simply amazing: electric spaghetti around Futakotamagawa.

sumiyoshi.jpg

Taken on a Sunday morning commute: an empty Sumiyoshi Shotengai.

Brilliant pictures, thanks for sharing. Looks as if those crowds were just photoshopped out. :LOL:

Early morning view yesterday from the Corredo building in Nihonbashi: Tokyo Skytree to the right, and Mount Tsukuba in the distance to the left (iPhone 6).

full

@thomas That looks fine--what are you using to do that?

Google photos used to do that automatically when its AI sensed a series of adjacent shots, but then it disappeared, ...maybe over a year ago? Here are a couple of samples of what they did. I wasn't aware that they'd do this at first, but then when panoramas started appearing as 'suggestions' I quickly started clicking away with that in mind. One of these is a mountain outside of Sapa, the other Ninh Binh.

Attachments

• IMG_20171207_122757578_HDR-PANO.jpg
    IMG_20171207_122757578_HDR-PANO.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_20171219_141352711-PANO.jpg
    IMG_20171219_141352711-PANO.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 249
Here's a place that the dog and I sometimes go by on walks. I've probably posted almost the same shot before--but not in this season. (hope that makes it okay!)

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpeg
    IMG_0093.jpeg
    839.7 KB · Views: 292
Finally moved from Kanto to a different area. Like i promised - i will upload a photo, and see if anyone can guess the location.

First - a farewell to Edogawa.

IMG_20200213_170002.jpg

And now a view from the new place.

IMG_3.jpg

The landmark in the picture is not that well-known, so i'll upload an absolute spoiler tomorrow.

@Lomaster , very exciting! As for the landmark: are you referring to the red brick (?) building on the right? Looks like a university.

Nice one! Enjoy Kyoto minus the tourists. How envious I am. Please share a lot of photos with us. :)

Thank you Thomas, there certainly are too too many tourists here, despite of:
- being off season right now
- corona
- me keeping away from major tourist spots
Have to brace myself for the upcoming hanami season.

@johnnyG Bingo!

Back
Top Bottom