What's new

Japan: A puppet Government?

Loyalist

I follow the strong
30 Apr 2005
Personally I know very little about this subject, but I have heard that ever scince WWII japan has been controlled by the U.S.. That even today we have strict regulations that they follow.

Is this true? Dose anyone know/heard of this?

Well, the current constitution and system of government in Japan was set up by America after WWII.

But as far as how the Japanese handle their internal and external policies, the US really doesn't care. The Japanese culture has always had a very interesting way of handling a situation when someone lese has something they admire - they absorb it and make it their own.

The US won in WWII so the Japanese did a very bright thing - they took the US business and technology and policy and put a distinctive Japanese twist on it all. To everyone else it might look like Japan is controled by the US, but it's the Japanese themselves who made the changes! Their forced constitution is a formality. Things are still Japanese.

Japan governs itself, it is a ally of the US and they have a military alliance.
I want to add that the constitution made by the US for Japan will be changed in the near future into a Japanese constitution. The US has also urged Japan to change it.

thank you for your input, but has anyone heard of these claims? I have heard that a japanese soldier from WWII (one who did not surrender untill years after, and terrorized a phillipino island.) Has been going around making statements to this effect.

You can hear claims to any effect from lone nutbars regarding practically everything under the sun. How much credence you lend the claims is entirely up to you.

Loyalist said:
thank you for your input, but has anyone heard of these claims? I have heard that a japanese soldier from WWII (one who did not surrender untill years after, and terrorized a phillipino island.) Has been going around making statements to this effect.
I've never heard the claim. Wasn't there a WWII Japanese soldeir from New Zealand called Okuzaki Kenzo, the so-called "Tenno Terrorist," who claimed that his superiors killed some of his unit buddies, and there were rumours of cannibalism surrounding him ?
Actually he is more know for shooting a bb-gun at the tenno accusing him of the responsibility for starting WWII. There was also a documentary film of him. In one excerpt I saw, he visited one of his superior officers and after a frustrating converstion, he beat up the ex-WWII officer with his fist ! 😲

Last edited:
Name me an ex-soldier of any country who hasn't wanted to beat the snot out of at least one former superior officer. The only thing distinguishing the guy you mention is that he actually did it.

You too, Mike ? I thought it was only me. :devilish:
Yes, and he did it in front of a cemera, and not staged. Fully documentary. I heard he also had a mild disability due his extreme anger. Excerpted from a film critique; The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On
After the biographical introduction, the book sets up both the film's broad and specific historical context, beginning with Japan's initial military involvement with Manchuria in 1931 and the Sino-Japanese war of 1937, and Japan's eventual fall from victory to shattering defeat. At the more local level, we learn that Okuzaki was among the 30 survivors of the more than 1000 members of the 36th Engineering Corps. Along with Okuzaki, 10 other survivors appear in Naked, which makes Naked an important testimony to a moment in Japanese military history when moral was low and hope of winning vanquished.
note: "Naked Army" was supposedly a mistranlsation of ツ皇ナ坦 'Imperial Army' by some strange coincindence, and not due to some promotion gimmick.

Last edited:
US interference

Not exactly, or directly. And it's more a matter of playing by
the US's rules of global order, which, imo (and many others),
is the reason for the cartoon label of "axis of evil" or more
generally "rogue nations". These countries don't want to
play by the rules of the world hegemone. Whether or not
they adhere to international law is not so much a concern to the US.
International law is essentially used as a whipping post for the US.

Anyway, the US has interferred in the internal politics
of Japan (and countless other countries as well).

---------

Countries that were supposed to be allies were not immune to American meddling. Throughout the 1950s and 1960s, the United States secretly supported Japan's Liberal Democratic Party and cultivated its rising political figures.

A recently declassified State Department cable recounts a conversation among American diplomatic, military and intelligence officers about the most effective way to insure the victory of friendly politicians in a 1965 election in Japan's Ryukyu Islands, including the important U.S. military outpost of Okinawa.

Edwin Reischauer, then the U.S. ambassador to Japan, argued that it would be "much safer" to let national officials of the Liberal Democratic Party handle the money than to channel it directly to local candidates.

http://www.emayzine.com/lectures/usmeddling.htm

-----------

The CIA in Japan
http://www.zmag.org/japanwatch/13-CIA.html

Special Report: The CIA and Japanese Politics
http://www.jpri.org/publications/workingpapers/wp11.html

:cry:

And if you're interested all sorts of Japan related declassified US documents
are here: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/japan/usjhmpg..htm

All this, I disagree that Japan does exactly what the US
says. Why Prime Minister supports the US/UK invasion of
Iraq I do not know. From what I hear most Japanese were
against it.

As for that soldier, it's probably just his opinion.
People joke about Tony Blair in relation to the US too.
Generally they just have the same interest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom