What's new

J-girls and Blackmen

I saw on Oprah in the black-society in America there is a huge aids problem, but they are not too open about it. (especially the men)

Isn't the whole rap/hip-hop scene "ghetto"? They can't talk about anything else afaik :p

No not ALL rap is ghetto or glorifying the Ghetto. You have artists like Common, Talib Kwali and many more who don't glorify the ghetto and enforce such stereotypes.

99% of the rap on the Radio is crap. But its the crap that is commercial and is selling so you never see or hear the good stuff if you aren't into hip-hop.

It's just like milk that I know has been in my refridgerator for awhile, I mean I could drink it, it's probably not bad but for some reason I think has expired.
Josh

Please forgive me for being rude, but don't post on this thread anymore, your comments are nothing but rude and racist trash.

No not ALL rap is ghetto or glorifying the Ghetto. You have artists like Common, Talib Kwali and many more who don't glorify the ghetto and enforce such stereotypes.
99% of the rap on the Radio is crap. But its the crap that is commercial and is selling so you never see or hear the good stuff if you aren't into hip-hop.
Yep, Hip Hop has died so i have moved on, though i still listen to old school.
Thank you Nana for pointing this out 👍, those are some real Artist right there, very intellectual.

P.S. Ignorance creeps all over the internet

Whatever, 72% of Talib Kweli's song have the word "ghetto" in it, and Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli are the biggest sell outs in hiphop currently.

I listened to Common back when he was featured on old slum village, you probably listened to Common when you saw him on the Dave Chapelle DVD Season ?.

The gangsta rap being played on the radio is more real than all of that stuff because the radio is playing tracks about rappers making it big-time, spending money and they arent like Mos Def doing major motion pictures.

Talib Kweli just jacks Nina Simone samples, what you should really be doing is talking about how Nina Simone's Sinner man is not ghetto cause theft is a way of life in the ghetto thus making Talib Kweli ghetto.

I know music, I don't just dress like I do,

Josh

There is a difference between glorifying the ghetto and talking about happenings in the hood. Most rap now is crap. And it's only "truism" is the fact that people don't care about what is being said but as to more what is appealing to them. Somebody says some whack crap over a hot track and it's platinum.

Biggest example:
Nelly vs KRS-One
Nelly got murdered but he won b/c he got air play. Everyone wants to hear trend rap.

Anyway back to the subject.
Personal preferences.

Roflmao!! I love this ...
Im black and i have been attracted to jap girls for some time now... Reading this i think i need to take a class as well ... Maybe a how to be black class. I live in new york, ride nmx street, dress fitted. Listen to rock. Wow i think i lost my my black pass.. Oh and blame hip hops demise on soilder boy grrrrr.. To top it alll off it all comes down to personal reference

Well, erm...
I am African-American married to a White American man (14 years next March).
I can't stand R&B or Rap.
Neither can he, coincidentally. (*giggles*)
We both love instrumental jazz, ambient, celtic, andean and classical music, though.

its funny how this thread is from back in 2006 and its now almost 2009 and its still relevant here in northern japan. there are two main clubs up here where im at and both are rap themed. all a black dude really gotta do to get a girl is walk in there. white guys gotta work much harder. i think its really all kinda trends cause talking to the old timers that have been here for a while say that back before rap/hip hop was popular and rock ruled japan all a white dude had to do was walk in the bar and black dudes had to work much harder. while there are fetishes or whatever i think especially up here near me that its about whats cool at the moment. just my view of it

Seems that it's not only African-Americans or GI's that are in demand anymore. Most of the African guys that you meet in Roppongi are married to Japanese and will tell you so if you take the time to talk to them.

I really hate it when people make an interest in Japan about race.
Whether for or against.

I am African-American married to a White American man (14 years next March).
I can't stand R&B or Rap.
My personality type!

Seems that it's not only African-Americans or GI's that are in demand anymore. Most of the African guys that you meet in Roppongi are married to Japanese and will tell you so if you take the time to talk to them.

no offense but those guys are really annoying when i am just trying to get to TGI Fridays. they just don't quit man.

I think some Japanese girls see African-American guys in a similar way that white guys see Japanese girls, "exotic".

I wonder if some Japanese guys see African-Amercian girls that way. Well, I know it's all personal-preference, no matter where you're from...

There are stereotypes about black men that make them seem pretty attractive.

AURURA: It's not the same for black women, though. There's a stereotype in Japan that black women aren't... well, the social idea of how a "woman" should act. I'm a black West Indian woman myself, and Japanese men and women have always reacted differently to me. Many consider black women - West Indian women in particular - to be rebellious of social ideas of how a woman should act. Of course, that can't seem very attractive.

On top of that, I think that Japan has adopted many ideas of Western racist ideals of beauty. The USA was supposedly against the Aryan ideals, but guess who will generally be considered most beautiful? That white man or woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. Japan has adapted that ideal. Of course, a black man or woman isn't included in that.

Who knows, though? I think societies around the world are starting to become more aware of subtle racism and sexism, so maybe once people are aware they'll change their ways.

In all honesty I can't believe that another topic of "Japanese girls and (insert race or colour here)" has come up again... but I love these threads because of people's rather interesting responses

I think its unfortunate. PEOPLE marry / love PEOPLE. it shouldnt be about race or skin color. especially in the globalized world someones culture and race can be completely different... really these posts are unimportant... people love people.... race doesn't matter

Once u go black, you never go back.

I'm black as ever, and i'm a female, and nothing is wrong with mix relationships, but i'll never find myself without a black man.

Hi, new here and obviously from my username I am a kokujin.

I am interested in this book, does anybody have more info on where I can purchase it?

Also, I am interested in immigrating to japan within the next few years and of course I plan on being romantically involved with Japanese women. However I am not really into the hip hop culture so I won't be visiting the hip hop dance clubs. I'm also in my late 20s so I'll be hanging out with the more mature crowd. Any chance for me?

Edit: I have no problem getting asian women. Most of my past girlfriends have been asian. But this is in America I don't know how native Japanese women are.

Here is a rather intersting video I ran across on youtube. Im not allowed to post direct third party links because I dont have enough posts yet, so please go to youtube and add

/watch?v=ItVdHh4MTeQ

right behind .com and tell us what you think!

Back
Top Bottom