先輩
15 Nov 2002
hxxp://spaces.msn.com/members/ultimategaijin/
hint: replace the hxxp with http to access the site :D

August 29
Ishihara applauds Japans Darwin contenders

* JAPANS TIMES

ISHIHARA APPLAUDS JAPANS DARWIN AWARDS CONTENDERS

Once again Japanese have shown ans excellent skill at getting themselves killed idiotically in typhoons. In the last typhoon an man died after falling from a roof and another died after he decided to go fishing during the typhoon. No gaijin died in such ways during the typhoon and Shintaro Ishihara is proud of the fact.
"Gaijin think too much," he said in a recent interview, "and that's why they can't do as well in the Darwin Awards as we Japanese. A gaijin who has lived in Japan for a few years, and there are quite a few unfortunately, will think, as gaijin do, and realize that typhoons come every year in Japan, usually around the same time. So they'll be prepared. They'll trim their trees before typhoon season starts, or they'll avoid going rivers or the ocean. So they'll never do as well as we Japanese. The man who fell off the roof died a great Japanese death. He didn't put two and two together and realize typhoons come every year, he didn't think like a gaijin would. He just reacted. At the moment. As a nation we can be proud of him. We Japanese haven't thought in generations, and we're not going to start. It's like the goldfish that swims around its tanks and is surprised each time it sees the same rock, 'oh, look. A new rock.' That's the kind of behavior that gets Darwin Awards, and we Japanese are good at it. I'm hoping they'll make it an Olympic event. An international event where we Japanese can actually do better than gaijin."

As told to Japans Times Chobakasan

:D I think this is a spoof on the Japan Times, since I couldn't find the actual article anywhere on their site....if anybody knows differently, then please post a link to the JT site :D :eek: The "Japans Times Chobakasan" is very ayashii :eek:
:D

den4 said:
ttp://spaces.msn.com/members/ultimategaijin/
[hint: I've followed the Japanese convention of leaving out the initial "h" just to avoid the misleading impression that the site is dedicated to a double-x-rated content. 🙇‍♂️]

August 29
Ishihara applauds Japans Darwin contenders

* JAPANS TIMES

ISHIHARA APPLAUDS JAPANS DARWIN AWARDS CONTENDERS

Once again Japanese have shown ans excellent skill at getting themselves killed idiotically in typhoons. In the last typhoon an man died after falling from a roof and another died after he decided to go fishing during the typhoon. No gaijin died in such ways during the typhoon and Shintaro Ishihara is proud of the fact.
"Gaijin think too much," he said in a recent interview, "and that's why they can't do as well in the Darwin Awards as we Japanese. A gaijin who has lived in Japan for a few years, and there are quite a few unfortunately, will think, as gaijin do, and realize that typhoons come every year in Japan, usually around the same time. So they'll be prepared. They'll trim their trees before typhoon season starts, or they'll avoid going rivers or the ocean. So they'll never do as well as we Japanese. The man who fell off the roof died a great Japanese death. He didn't put two and two together and realize typhoons come every year, he didn't think like a gaijin would. He just reacted. At the moment. As a nation we can be proud of him. We Japanese haven't thought in generations, and we're not going to start. It's like the goldfish that swims around its tanks and is surprised each time it sees the same rock, 'oh, look. A new rock.' That's the kind of behavior that gets Darwin Awards, and we Japanese are good at it. I'm hoping they'll make it an Olympic event. An international event where we Japanese can actually do better than gaijin."

As told to Japans Times Chobakasan
If Ishihara really said that, I would have great respect for him, and also request that this thread be moved to the serious discussions or Japanese News forum. What abstract, poignant thinking ! I especially liked the gold-fish analogy. But if it was a spoof as you suspect, I could only laugh to see such sport... whoever wrote it.

Besides the content of the statement being a rather obvious giveaway that it is a spoof, consider the meaning of the writer's name....窶卍エ窶拵ナスツュ窶堋ウ窶堙ア

Also consider how unlikely it is that Ishihara would have ever heard of the Darwin Awards.

mikecash said:
Besides the content of the statement being a rather obvious giveaway that it is a spoof, consider the meaning of the writer's name....窶卍エ窶拵ナスツュ窶堋ウ窶堙ア
:D - I bet he lives in Kingpassit Street :D

Back
Top Bottom