What's new

Is Trump ruining America's reputation and influence abroad?

Yesterday's events were beyond belief and painful to watch; as were most of the past four years of a presidential farce. However, I do believe that despite all the broken porcelain, the new administration will be able to restore America's reputation abroad. From what I read, America's (former) allies are willing and ready to resume collaboration with an administration based on friendship, mutual respect, reason, and predictability.

I think the real challenge for America will lie in curbing those conspiratorialists living in parallel realities and in "depolarising" and reuniting the nation.

I think America will be able to regain it's allies, but what little moral authority was left after the Iraq war has completely disappeared. When Biden or future presidents criticize Turkey or the Philippines or whichever crackpot dictator that emerges, they'll be able to laugh it off however they choose.

Probably they'll point to America's famous election fraud, and declare the president illegitimate, basically just parroting whatever Trump nonsense suits them.

If they are criticized for stomping on democracy, they will point to America's "Law and order", which is basically just Animal Farm now; law and order for minorities and poor people, pardons and free passes for the right wing. Some animals are more equal than others.

America has always been a messed up country with a lot of injustice, but it still held a lot of power when it made moral statements in the world, in criticizing regimes, etc. Trump has spent the last four years grinding that moral authority into the ground, and abusive countries will have decades of propaganda to work with.

Mr.Trump had many mistakes. His four years presidency record shows, his policies were not based on public choices, whether inside America or outside. He mostly tended to his party, instead thinks internationally. We can see a sample of his wrong political programs in the recent event, attacking a group of his party to the congress building. Of course, it was not only his mistake but was a clear signal of his extreme decisions in the political scene. He showed hostility to others and was suspicious of everybody. He thought Biden is elected with the fake votes, and this the sign of his irrational suspicion that was seen in his interior and exterior relationships with others.

In my opinion, he thought of racism instead of politics. All European heads, who tend to a mild policy at least condemned the movement of Trump's party that was provoked by him. I wonder, who could work and cooperate with him (his government members) while being beside him was like riding on the back of a lion! It was not clear when the lion became nervous.

Trump not only damaged America's reputation but damaged many political and commercial relations with other countries among Russia, China, and North Korea. He could have a better policy against China and some other countries. He bothered the government of China frequently with improper and bigotry political and commercial reactions. He could convince North Korea in a better way to stop its nuclear missile production and tests but he encountered the leader of the land bully and threatened him with the USA fleets that went close to the borders of North Korea (of course, I believe, the White House itself should stop developing Atomic bombs and then ensure North Korea to eliminate its nuclear bomb depots).

Trump tried to ignore Russia and China that are two powers of the world. He also ignored the public opinion of the world. His decision was in a peremptory manner without considering the realities that dominate the nowadays world. He even did the same in America and provoked a group of Americans to do what they did.

I think Trump thought like 100 years past. He didn't realize the changes that happened in the world in this period of time. It was a mistake. Today, a government needs a steady and logical policy that is confirmed by international society and public opinions.

However, now Trump is leaving the White House and political scene forever and is returning to his great business and wealth. He doesn't lose anything except governing on the world! Now he can enjoy his luxuriant life and play Golf in the grasslands often, but I don't think he wishes to go back to the White House and leans on its chair. He has done his mission as the best, and now it is the time to be known as a billionaire businessman instead of an American president.

Mr. Biden is coming now. He seems wise and serious and wants to change the gloomy atmosphere that Trump did create. I'm hopeful his ending point is similar to his starting point and he reforms the policies of America and compensates the shortages, and unlike Trump, shows a favorable and logical view of the American government in the world.

Today, militarism is not a standard in the educated and wise world, especially that Russia and China are there. The best decision is following a logical and relevant policy in the nowadays world. Harshness and violence are just unlike wisdom and a shiny future. America's government with the presidency of Mr. Biden can change many things in the world, and I hope these changes happen.

This time I corrected my comment relatively by free "grammarly".

Last edited:
Damaged? Definitely. It's going to be a long time before America can claim the moral high ground and use democracy as a justification to intervene/interfere in the running of other countries. Ruined? Let's see how Biden does. Obama managed to restore a lot of America's international standing after it was trashed by Bush.
America will always be the greatest country. Even when it's not. ;)

Mr.Trump had many mistakes. His four years presidency record shows, his policies were not based on public choices, whether inside America or outside. He mostly tended to his party, instead thinks internationally. We can see a sample of his wrong political programs in the recent event, attacking a group of his party to the congress building. Of course, it was not only his mistake but was a clear signal of his extreme decisions in the political scene. He showed hostility to others and was suspicious of everybody. He thought Biden is elected with the fake votes, and this the sign of his irrational suspicion that was seen in his interior and exterior relationships with others.

In my opinion, he thought of racism instead of politics. All European heads, who tend to a mild policy at least condemned the movement of Trump's party that was provoked by him. I wonder, who could work and cooperate with him (his government members) while being beside him was like riding on the back of a lion! It was not clear when the lion became nervous.

Trump not only damaged America's reputation but damaged many political and commercial relations with other countries among Russia, China, and North Korea. He could have a better policy against China and some other countries. He bothered the government of China frequently with improper and bigotry political and commercial reactions. He could convince North Korea in a better way to stop its nuclear missile production and tests but he encountered the leader of the land bully and threatened him with the USA fleets that went close to the borders of North Korea (of course, I believe, the White House itself should stop developing Atomic bombs and then ensure North Korea to eliminate its nuclear bomb depots).

Trump tried to ignore Russia and China that are two powers of the world. He also ignored the public opinion of the world. His decision was in a peremptory manner without considering the realities that dominate the nowadays world. He even did the same in America and provoked a group of Americans to do what they did.

I think Trump thought like 100 years past. He didn't realize the changes that happened in the world in this period of time. It was a mistake. Today, a government needs a steady and logical policy that is confirmed by international society and public opinions.

However, now Trump is leaving the White House and political scene forever and is returning to his great business and wealth. He doesn't lose anything except governing on the world! Now he can enjoy his luxuriant life and play Golf in the grasslands often, but I don't think he wishes to go back to the White House and leans on its chair. He has done his mission as the best, and now it is the time to be known as a billionaire businessman instead of an American president.

Mr. Biden is coming now. He seems wise and serious and wants to change the gloomy atmosphere that Trump did create. I'm hopeful his ending point is similar to his starting point and he reforms the policies of America and compensates the shortages, and unlike Trump, shows a favorable and logical view of the American government in the world.

Today, militarism is not a standard in the educated and wise world, especially that Russia and China are there. The best decision is following a logical and relevant policy in the nowadays world. Harshness and violence are just unlike wisdom and a shiny future. America's government with the presidency of Mr. Biden can change many things in the world, and I hope these changes happen.

This time I corrected my comment relatively by free "grammarly".
Biden will suck as a president of the United States and will know that by May and that's for sure.
you ever see the expression on the president of China's face when he shake hands with Biden I could imagine what he said like this guy is a total fool and a complete idiot.

Biden suffered a couple brain aneurysms years back which affect his speaking and thinking abilities. There are many videos of him having difficulty speaking , even when reading from a teleprompter or repeating what he hears with an earpiece. Often his wife has to translate his garbled thoughts when she is with him. He seems to suffer from stamina issues also and needs plenty of rest to function at his best. The general consensus seems to be that he will be removed from office using the 25th amendment and Kamala will take over. It will be interesting to see how long they let him remain in office.

Biden will suck as a president of the United States and will know that by May and that's for sure.
you ever see the expression on the president of China's face when he shake hands with Biden I could imagine what he said like this guy is a total fool and a complete idiot.
He will look like a great statesman compared to Trump who will likely be deemed the second worst president in history (after Buchanan). Plus he is hiring competent people — not just sycophants — so things are looking good.

Biden suffered a couple brain aneurysms years back which affect his speaking and thinking abilities. There are many videos of him having difficulty speaking , even when reading from a teleprompter or repeating what he hears with an earpiece. Often his wife has to translate his garbled thoughts when she is with him. He seems to suffer from stamina issues also and needs plenty of rest to function at his best. The general consensus seems to be that he will be removed from office using the 25th amendment and Kamala will take over. It will be interesting to see how long they let him remain in office.
This is ridiculous. He has a well known stuttering problem. There's no evidence his brain aneurysm had any long term effects. As for there being a general consensus about the 25th amendment that's just plain ridiculous too. Why would his cabinet — the people he hired — kick him out of office? As for stamina who cares? He can nap all day and still be more effective than Trump was. Anybody who can complete a presidential campaign has more than enough stamina.

I agree with mdchachi. Biden is healthy entirely.

Usually, this is the manner of politicians pretending to sickness sometimes to attract the affection of voters. I remember one of the previous Indonesian presidents used a cane like disabled people, and when he wanted to get up from his seat, some officials helped him stand up!

Biden is a politician not to be trusted. Period. And he's already showed through history about his feeling toward a certain race. For a man that did little presence while campaigning and won the election, an election I believe in many American minds was filled with voter fraud and I mean actual voter fraud.

I have a better sense of Mr. Biden than Trump. The behaviors of Trump were not foreseeable. He could become pissed off in less than a second. Nobody was secure beside him, and everybody was scared of him, even the officials who served him. When he chapped, it was a good time for those who were close to him because it was the sign of his satisfaction, but when he was angry, everybody was ready to find shelter and escape!

Apparently (up to now), Biden is not so and behaves relaxed and thoughtfully. He doesn't try to scare anyone but efforts to ensure people he is safe! This is good news for the world that Mr. Biden wants to change what Trump built up based on harshness and hardness. I hope so.

I have a better sense of Mr. Biden than Trump. The behaviors of Trump were not foreseeable. He could become pissed off in less than a second. Nobody was secure beside him, and everybody was scared of him, even the officials who served him. When he chapped, it was a good time for those who were close to him because it was the sign of his satisfaction, but when he was angry, everybody was ready to find shelter and escape!

Apparently (up to now), Biden is not so and behaves relaxed and thoughtfully. He doesn't try to scare anyone but efforts to ensure people he is safe! This is good news for the world that Mr. Biden wants to change what Trump built up based on harshness and hardness. I hope so.
It's good that you said " I hope so ".
If you've notice, many of his cabinet members are from the Obama administration.
There's a reason why Trump just put Cuba back on the map.
The Trump administration will soon take steps toward designating Cuba as a state sponsor of terrorism as an 11th hour effort to create hurdles for the incoming Biden administration, which is likely to pursue warmer ties with Havana.

Oh, and China built the airport in Cuba.

And this:

Bahamas - The same Chinese company that recently took operational control of the Panama Canal is currently completing construction of the largest container port in the world in Freeport, Bahamas - just 60 miles from Florida.

Biden in case you didn't know is China's " we need to make China strong " Check out the video on youtube where he says that. China has nukes pointed at most of our strategic military bases, but yes, Biden is not an American Patriot. Just my opinion. Why do you think we have over 15000 national guards around protecting govt. property now. Because the election was fraudulent . Oh, and the new VP Harris says lets continue the protest. Impeachment for her real soon.

Because the election was fraudulent .
It's not because the election was fraudulent. It's because Trump and his cult have consistently claimed it's fraudulent. They had 60 chances to prove it was fraudulent in court, and not only did they not do it, in front of the judges the lawyers pulled back and did not claim fraud because they knew their reputation was on the line. They merely argued technical mistakes. There was no fraud, except those few Trump voters who were found to have voted twice.

In advance of the election, Trump's Republicans refused to improve election security (because they don't want all votes counted) and kneecapped the post office. Trump announced before the election, same as he did in 2016, that if he lost, it was because it was rigged. Whether it was rigged or not (and there is zero evidence that it was), Trump would have still claimed it was rigged. It's sad, but at no point was he going to accept the results. It's really, really sad. He's gone so far in his life denying any failure, and yet he has no actual interest in being president. How many people are dying a day under his COVID "plan"? The dude never did the job and stopped even pretending after the election.

Millions of Americans think it was rigged. Millions of Americans think Qanon is true, and Democrat pedophiles are eating babies. Millions of Americans think the earth is flat. Just because a huge number of people are gullible enough to fall for a conspiracy theory doesn't mean there's a shred of truth to it.

American media made a mistake in tolerating any of Trump's election lies, and you know what makes China way happier than Biden's presidency? Trump ripping the country apart. China and Russia love the lasting damage Trump has done to America and the West.

However, the world and even Americans themselves expect America have had a president who has a better manner of policy and action better than Trump with extreme thought and tendency.

What difference is between damn Taliban, ISIS, or Trump with a series of wrong extreme believes? Neither Taliban and ISIS Know Islam nor Trump knows Jesus; every three extremes believes are fanatic.

Dear Jesus came to call people to observe justice, fairness, and kindness; and Mohammad who was on the same origin belief came to complete Jesus's duty by expanding and applying the divine belief in the societies. Both the religions of Jesus and Mohammad were from one headstream, and both the holly characters were the agents of one existence, but at different times and with different societies.

Neither Jesus nor Mohammad ordered the believers to destroy grounds and things and kill innocent people. Taliban and (defeated) ISIS are two illiterate groups who do evil based on their ignorance, and Mr. Trump is an educated person who acts whether based on disbelief or a wrong presumption of holly Jesus. The three sides think in the wrong way.

Well, what is my recommendation?

First of all, I point to this fact that nations of the world, with different beliefs, are not enemies of others. The difference of beliefs doesn't interfere with a good relationship, as we can observe a group of Christians or Jews are among the Islamic societies and do their own religious ceremonies beside their Muslim compatriots freely. Or we see a group of Muslims who live in Christianity societies and hold Islamic prayers freely while both the peoples have good and friendly dealing and relationships.

My recommendation is that the American president focus on a comprehensive global trade and commerce like China; instead of military movements that create tension across the world.

Not only the next American president can improve the economy of America, but he can also help other people to participate in international commerce better than in the past. America with its high technology can have a friendly competition with China in manufacturing and international trade. Why militarism, animosity, and threatening?! This doesn't resolve any problem but increases tension in the world, and damages the international economy and commerce.

The next American president should consider these key issues and change the policy of America. The majority of American people are not happy with militarism and the domination of the gun. They are good and faultless and wish to live beside other nations friendly and peacefully. The presidents of America should pay attention to the will and desires of the people. They should consider which policies and ideas benefit the American people in connection with other peoples.

I said in my previous post, today, militarism is in vain. The White House, with this policy, cannot overcome Asian countries like Russia and China that are two economic and military powers of the world. This effort is tiresome, brings boring, and imposes a considerable budget on the American government and people.

Biden seems to be an appropriate case to moderate the policies of the White House. Of course, this is my personal conjecture, and I hope comes true.

Biden is a politician not to be trusted. Period. And he's already showed through history about his feeling toward a certain race. For a man that did little presence while campaigning and won the election, an election I believe in many American minds was filled with voter fraud and I mean actual voter fraud.
Compared to Trump Biden is a saint. Trump has a known track record of lying about anything and everything. And yet inexplicably people believe him when he claims fraud. (Which he also groundlessly claimed when he lost the Iowa caucuses and the 2016 popular vote). And his GOP enablers are no better. Most of them know full well it was a legitimate election but choose to keep their heads down and go along with the charade. The only ones with the guts to say anything are those who retired. And Brad Raffensperger who is a true hero. Though it's sad that heroism is simply defined here by standing up for the truth. It should be the norm, not a heroic act.

2p.jpg
2p.jpg

I heard in the news that congress has summoned Trump to present there and explains about the riot. Probably it is a type of state trial. He is accused that has provoked a group of his advocators to do the sedition. Of course Trump is smart and can bring his public message to the rioters as an evidence that he had not any role in the provocation. In the message, he called the troublemakers to stop the movement and don't damage the walls, and seats of the congress and also be friend with the congress police! I think this evidence works and Mr. Trump gets rid of the blameable looks of the congress members!

I heard in the news that congress has summoned Trump to present there and explains about the riot. Probably it is a type of state trial. He is accused that has provoked a group of his advocators to do the sedition. Of course Trump is smart and can bring his public message to the rioters as an evidence that he had not any role in the provocation. In the message, he called the troublemakers to stop the movement and don't damage the walls, and seats of the congress and also be friend with the congress police! I think this evidence works and Mr. Trump gets rid of the blameable looks of the congress members!
Yes, it's a state trial called "impeachment." This has only happened to three presidents previously. Andrew Jackson, Bill Clinton and Trump himself!
He has achieved something that no other president has and it's unlikely it will happen again -- two impeachments in four years. (Somebody call the Guinness Book of World Records.)
If they do hold the trial, it won't occur until Trump after Trump leaves office this week. As you say, it's possible -- even likely -- that he will be acquitted. It depends on what facts come out and, more importantly, what the cowardly senators think convicting him will do to their personal fortunes. However even if he is not convicted, it should lead to important facts to come out regarding what happened on and before January 6th.

Thank you for the enlightening

Does the political immunity of America presidency can interfere the impeachment and trial? I mean, whether Trump is trialed as a president or a citizen, after he left the White House?

Thank you for the enlightening

Does the political immunity of America presidency can interfere the impeachment and trial? I mean, whether Trump is trialed as a president or a citizen, after he left the White House?
The main reason for an impeachment trial is to kick the president out of office. It's not a criminal trial. So some will say that there is no reason to have an impeachment trial after he's no longer president. However I heard that if he is found guilty even after he's no longer president, it will allow them to prevent him for trying to become President again in 2024.

So, for what reason he is trialed? Whether he is trialed because of his protest that claimed Biden has manipulated and replaced the votes? If he is trialed because of his protest to the accuracy of the election, it will be his right to protest as one of the candidates of presidency and this is not considered as a fault? So why the congress want to do impeachment versus him?

I think if he is successfully impeached he can no longer run for office in the future.

Aside from any action of the congress I don't think Trump wants to repeat the bad experience of falling behind in the election. Four years later Trump will be forgotten and the nowadays warmth will be turned into cold and the fire he did ignite would be extinguished.

The American people should be in alert that another Trump doesn't appear in their election scene.

Now, not only Americans but all the nations of the world has stared at Mr. Biden what he will do. Trump created tension by his unusual decisions and orders and now Mr. Biden is inevitable to compensate Trump's disorders.

Mr. Biden can open many doors that Trump closed because of his improper severity. He also can limit the America relationship with the illegal regime of Israel. America is a great and developed land in the world and and it is not good such the country connects itself with the disreputable regime of Israel and supports its violent and lawless heads. This can hurt the reputation of America in the world. Israel heads are not the representation of Jews. Jews are a group of old religious people who live in many countries and are different with the political group of Israelis:

(just one of the thousands picture of Jews' protest versus Israel)

htqy_1892533.jpg

Mr. Biden must avoid to be seen beside the heads of this occupant regime. Being with Israel brings dishonor to American political system. Of course having an ordinary relationship with Israel can reduce the sensitivity of the issue. I hope Mr Biden pay attention to this important matter and distances from Israel as much as possible. Union with Israel brings up doubt about liberty and justice of Mr. Biden.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom