What's new

Is teaching English conversation in your students home common?

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
Is this practice common these days. Going to your students home to teach English conversation.

I also need to know this: How would I write in Japanese this :

Private English conversation lessons in your home

Thanks.

I wouldn't say it's common, but it's done. I go to two students houses, but both are kids lessons, and it's for the convenience of the mother.

A better idea would to offer either at home or at a cafe. You can prefer home with a ¥500 difference in fee, but it would allow students to get to know you in a public place first and feel comfortable before letting you in their home. If you were working through an agency, people probably would have no hesitation, but an independent teacher might make them feel uncomfortable.

I'll let a native speaker give you a translation.

I wouldn't say it's common, but it's done. I go to two students houses, but both are kids lessons, and it's for the convenience of the mother.

A better idea would to offer either at home or at a cafe. You can prefer home with a ¥500 difference in fee, but it would allow students to get to know you in a public place first and feel comfortable before letting you in their home. If you were working through an agency, people probably would have no hesitation, but an independent teacher might make them feel uncomfortable.

I'll let a native speaker give you a translation.

Thanks

I've been in this town for many years and I'm sure a lot of people have seen me and even heard of me, but I need to go to people's homes due to to a few scheduling problems at this time. A cafe would be nice, but I think most of my hours would be in the evening and I'm not sure where any cafes are these days. The old ones seem to have closed up about 10 or more years ago in the downtown area.
Again, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom