What's new

Interesting Hinomaru no Yosegaki with Human Figure

Boongie

Kouhai
11 Feb 2020
Greetings. I came across another Hinmaru no Yosegaki this week with a human figure in the lower right hand corner holding a Hinomaru. And numerous stamps. Any feedback on authenticity and translations would be appreciated. I have attached two pictures. Thank you.
2146_1.jpg
2146_3.jpg

My Japanese isn't great, but if it was a forgery, it would be an incredibly elaborate one. The seals seem to match the signatures and there's absolutely no need for a forger to draw a picture. To my inexpert eye, it looks like a genuine and particularly good flag.

Well, its out of the ordinary, that's for sure. Main phrase at the far right is
無敵部隊 (Invincible Force)

Above the figure is
萬々歳 Ban ban zai (10000 x 10000 years)
祝戦勝 Iwai senshō (Victory in battle)

It looks like it came from the office of a newspaper located in Korea (Japan-occupied Korea) called Chosen Nichi-nichi. I don't know if this was presented to anyone, or was just a patriotic token in the office. Every entry on the flag is a patriotic slogan, with someone's name and personal stamp under it.

My Japanese isn't great, but if it was a forgery, it would be an incredibly elaborate one. The seals seem to match the signatures and there's absolutely no need for a forger to draw a picture. To my inexpert eye, it looks like a genuine and particularly good flag.
Thank you Lothor.

Well, its out of the ordinary, that's for sure. Main phrase at the far right is
無敵部隊 (Invincible Force)

Above the figure is
萬々歳 Ban ban zai (10000 x 10000 years)
祝戦勝 Iwai senshō (Victory in battle)

It looks like it came from the office of a newspaper located in Korea (Japan-occupied Korea) called Chosen Nichi-nichi. I don't know if this was presented to anyone, or was just a patriotic token in the office. Every entry on the flag is a patriotic slogan, with someone's name and personal stamp under it.
Thank you Majestic. It is in excellent condition, which could mean that it was not carried into battle. Based on your information, it seems that it could have literally been a "wall hanger" in a newspaper office in Korea. As Lothar noted, it seems that it would be authentic to the period of 1945 or earlier. Not sure why anyone would want to forge a flag that was made to appear as if it was from a newspaper office in Korea. I am drawn to the little human figure in the lower right holding the flag.

Back
Top Bottom