What's new

I want to know the exact word the character is using

pyriel

Registered
21 Feb 2018
Just a quick question. I got the english subtitles for this video file, but I want to know the exact word the character is using here.

The beginning "don't look at me like that" or "don't give me that look" is no problem but thereafter as soon the Text "Schwing" is visible I cannot make out what word he is using (not the meaning - it is very obvious...) - stops with "kofu" for me but what word is it? It is obviously followed by the negation or rather warning that said circumstances will come to pass otherwise.

I'd take any version - hira- or katakana and kanji alike.

video_schwing

興奮しちゃうんじゃないか
Thank you very much! ^^

Now I only need to look up where the meaning of these kanji comes from. A lot of strokes for a simple thing...

But as far as I see the sexual connotation comes more from the video than the linguistic aspects. Well it is used in biology etc. and these terms are often used in sexual lingo. Is it a typical way of saying you're getting turned on or more fore being influenced or stimulated by?

Last edited:
Well, actually, what Hisoka said is 興奮しちゃうじゃないか (ん is unnecessary).

興奮 doesn't always have sexual connotation. It's just "excited".
じゃないか is not negative here, by the way.

じゃないか is not negative here, by the way.

Well I would translate it like "or I'll get turned on" even if it actually says "I'll get turned on ya know" dattebayo... Just what my feeling tells me. Seems more on the money in english - or german. ^^

じゃないか doesn't mean "you know?", either. The speaker is not asking anything to the addressee.
Incidentally, do you realize that 興奮しちゃうじゃないか has a completely different meaning from 興奮しちゃうじゃないか? ~んじゃないか can have that nuance depending on the context.

Back
Top Bottom