What's new

i need someone to talk to

During ...

the Viet Nam war, it was a real hot spot.The CIA had a lot of covert activities going on there. It was also famous for the large amount of drugs produced there. I think as much genocide went on there as in Cambodia, but the movie "The Killing Fields" made Cambodia stand out. I'm sorry to say, I do not know anything more recent about your country.

Frank

:?

Frank D. White said:
the Viet Nam war, it was a real hot spot.The CIA had a lot of covert activities going on there. It was also famous for the large amount of drugs produced there. I think as much genocide went on there as in Cambodia, but the movie "The Killing Fields" made Cambodia stand out. I'm sorry to say, I do not know anything more recent about your country.

Frank

hey its ok
lots of people dont know where my country is sometimes they confuse it wit
vietnam or thailand anyways did u know during the vietnam war in laos there were a population of 30,000pp and the u.s threw 30,000 bombs down there

Laos is in southeast asia its inbetween thailand,vietnam,cambodia, china,and myanmar
lots of neighbors huh?

I Know!!!

I feel guilty! Like many people, I am so wrapped up in my "TINY" world involving and revolving around my own life & problems; I am ignorant about the "BIG" world all around me. I try not to watch the news or read news type magazines, they depress & scare me. I guess I qualify as the "Ugly American" profile type, dumb about the world outside of my own corner. I'm not good about stressful things and hide my head like an ostrich rather then think about them.
I hope akime can tell us some nice things about his country, at least more up to date.

Frank

😊

Frank D. White said:
I feel guilty! Like many people, I am so wrapped up in my "TINY" world involving and revolving around my own life & problems; I am ignorant about the "BIG" world all around me. I try not to watch the news or read news type magazines, they depress & scare me. I guess I qualify as the "Ugly American" profile type, dumb about the world outside of my own corner. I'm not good about stressful things and hide my head like an ostrich rather then think about them.
I hope akime can tell us some nice things about his country, at least more up to date.

Frank

😊
um im a girl

well i can tell you somestuff about my country but what do you want to know?

I Will....

do a search on Google and try to learn something about your country. Then I will be able to ask better questions.
Welcome to the Forum! Do you want to visit Japan someday? Why are you interested in Japan?

Frank

im interested in japan because im going to study there for college and well i've been to japan before (the air port) when i was going to the u.s

yeah my hair is long it comes down to my waist
and its black i dont really cut my hair because i dance year on my new year
because you have to put you hair in a bun its a traditional laotian new year

i made 2 errors

akime said:
yeah my hair is long it comes down to my waist
and its black i dont really cut my hair because i dance year on my new year
because you have to put you hair in a bun its a traditional laotian new year
Could you provide any pics of that?

oh theres this web site www.vacsc.org when i was performing in my program in my traditional lao hand dance but that time i dont think i put my hair in a bun

they replace it with a new pic already
(just checked it out)

Wow !!

I would be considered very old in your country; I am 54 years old. The CIA has a website with information on many countries. I didn't know Laos was still communist.
It say there are not to many big cities there. It says not too many people have computers and internet hook-up.
Your mom & dad must be very important for you to have a PC? It says that maybe you might speak French. I guess I can't believe everything the CIA says, they seem to get a lot of things wrong sometimes. Nice talking with you!

Frank

🙂

oh its true
but i guess you can say im one of the lucky ones i live in Dc right now because both my parents work in the laos to the us you know they're diplomatics but you know the pc and internet thing now in laos almost everyhouse has one right now
and laos is 236800km2 big because along time ago when we were fightin' with thailand whan thai was over frances power they took half of our country so you can say that half of thai land right now use to be laos . i cant speak french but i do speak 3 languages thats laotian, thai, and english im learning japanese well its always nice to learn about other people's country

and thanks for checking out a website about my country

what i mean was the laos embassy in the us

I didn't knew about Thailand/Laos or any other places that they were so beautiful, I guess I'll have to save a lot of money to visit the very lot of Asia I guess :) *starting with Japan ;-) *wink* *

Back
Top Bottom