What's new

I need gift help...

SkippyDaStudent85

Kendoka/Iaidoka
25 Nov 2004
I have a Japanese pen pal whose birthday was Nov. 19th, so I was thinking of getting her a joint gift for her birthday and Christmas... the problem is, I am a complete failure when it comes to thinking of things to get her and be creative, so I was wondering if people would be willing to give me suggestions?

From what I've gotten from her in letters and e-mails, this is what I know she likes...(stuff with * are quotes from her)

* "I like photo, movie, music, a variety of arts, beautiful and interesting things, many characters in anime that are not released in japan, things that there are only in the usa. there are no end...anyway it's the thought that counts."

* "I like to collect a sort of accessory, photo book, cd which there is not in japan, magazine, and free pamphlet or guide book or other things. I like whatever you send me."

* "I like movies and music, especially Evanescence, Avril, Backstreet boys, and others. I also like chatting with people in other countries through mail, playing basketball, playing the piano, and playing video games."

* "You like Naruto too? I like it too!... I like Naruto and Sasuke."

* "When I go karaoke, I like to sing Avril, Maroon 5, Evanescence, BUSTED, Utada, ELT..."

* "I like all kinds of movies. Especially kind of romance, and funny movie."

She also mentions alot about liking just about anything American. She talks alot about wanting to know American traditions and customs, as well as stuff with culture. I was thinking maybe a movie or a cd, but I'm not sure.

Thanks either way for any help, and I look forward to any suggestions.

Well, American DVDs are the wrong region to play in Japan, unless she has a multi-region player, so skip that. My penpal is going to be here on the 19th of this month, and part of what I'm preparing for her will include a few small packages of pralines, which she said she'd never heard of (if you don't know, they're very "southern" candies made with pecan nuts) but would really like to try. I haven't however, figured out what to actually get her for Christmas, which is slightly bothering me. My penpal also said she likes all sorts of things "American" (including movies) but since the DVDs won't work in her player I'm kinda shot for what to get.

Hmmm... something like the candies idea would be cool, except I'm not sure what the rules and regs for sending candy to Japan are...

TwistedMac said:
hehehe...
hehe...

:D That would indeed be unique. Very Western. :D

Most of the people from Japan that I know all want name brand clothing and accessories. It gets pretty expensive... :eek:

well look who finally decided to show up!
Either you haven't been active much lately, or I've just totally missed your presence =P

In any case, we've all missed you!.. right guys?
*pay no mind to the gun I weild at the "guys"*

Hey there, Mac...*muuuuah* :winklove:

I just haven't been around much. I'm back in business now, though, so all you guys best behave... :devilish:

kirei_na_me said:
Most of the people from Japan that I know all want name brand clothing and accessories. It gets pretty expensive... :eek:

Agree! Many Japanese people want something very unique like expensive branded stuff. :)

However, if she is "just" a good penpal, I don't think she expects something very expensive though... :? So don't worry, you don't have to buy that DKNY-bag for her yet.... :p It is not required anyway... 😌 Only if she was your girlfriend...:D :D

I think candy is a nice choice, especially in a nice box or something....or:
a CD, which you like and recommend...

TwistedMac said:
well look who finally decided to show up!
Either you haven't been active much lately, or I've just totally missed your presence =P

In any case, we've all missed you!.. right guys?
*pay no mind to the gun I weild at the "guys"*

*reads from cue cards*

Yes. Kirei. We have all missed you greatly. We are so (what does that say, Mac?) happy to have you back. Where on earth have you been? 😌

jovial_jon said:
*reads from cue cards*

Yes. Kirei. We have all missed you greatly. We are so (what does that say, Mac?) happy to have you back. Where on earth have you been? 😌

*chuckles some more* You people here are too funny

Back
Top Bottom