What's new

I lost my computer

Welcome to our Japan community!

A discussion forum for all Things Japanese. Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Mansoor

後輩
Reaction score
After 8 years working with my computer, it lost its HDD. I tried to save the hard disk that was the container of my scientific and technical information during the years, but my effort was in vain, and I couldn't use the half-damaged hard disk. My great mistake was that I didn't back up the valuable and necessary files on a few DVDs before the hard disk was damaged. But it was not my only unlucky situation.

I delivered the computer to one of my friends who was an electronic engineer and had a computer workshop. He informed me the hard disk was not recoverable, and I had to buy a new one and then try to transfer the files from the old HDD into the new one. I inevitably took the computer back home, and after investigating my pockets, I found a small amount of money. I referred to the PC center market and bought a new 500 GB HDD for 10$.

I installed the new hard on the computer and after partitioning, installed windows 10. Then I connected the old HDD to the computer, and transferred the necessary files one by one to the new HDD. When I tried to copy and paste a few files into the new HDD, the old one stopped working, and I had to restart the computer and transfered the files one by one, that took a long time. Nevertheless, I couldn't save all the files, and the old HDD stopped working forever.

As I was tired, I installed a game and played for a while to find a new spirit! As I was playing the game, the screen turned black, suddenly!
I began manipulating the motherboard and its components while the defect was from the monitor, and this time, it broken down!!

I know repairing electronic devices, but at the time, I was not in the mood repair an old monitor full of dust!

I inevitably searched the internet and found a second-hand monitor similar to mine. I rang the monitor owner and bought it for 7$.

When I took the monitor (I tested it before) home and connected it to the computer, I saw the screen was still black, and despite all the computer fans worked, nothing appeared on screen. I realized there was a failure in the motherboard.

I back the computer to my friend again. After he did some tests on it, he told me that the motherboard needed to be repaired.

When I was leaving him disappointed, he called me and gave me a laptop and said to me; you can work with it until your computer is repaired. The laptop had no interesting software except the operating system (an empty system)! Also, its DVD diver didn't work, and I couldn't install a game on it, at least!

However, it is a few days that I have nothing to work on, except an empty laptop that I use to search the internet moody and aimlessly!

I neither have engineering software to model something nor python software to exercise programming or a game for entertainment!

At least, I hope the motherboard is recoverable.

Last edited:

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
200.gif

I feel your pain and hope in the near future you can get back to normal with your computer. I back up my PC at the end of each month to DVD's. I think I go overboard though. I looked in my cabinet and I have DVD's going back to 2014. I may take the old ones out for shooting target practice. Almost all of my computers died after just 3 years from heavy use. My HP computer I'm using now is about 6 years old and I keep waiting for it to die. I hope your friend can get you up and running again soon.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles. My mantra: back up, back up, and back up again. I have my most precious files backed up on two or three external HDs, on several devices and some in the cloud, too.

I hope your motherboard will still be usable. Enjoy a few days off the computer! :)

Mansoor

後輩
Reaction score
Congratulation!!

Tonight my mini-modem burned up too!!

images_th77.jpg

Before I miss the modem, I was thinking hesitantly; if the motherboard is not recoverable, I will leave computer, internet, English and everything relative to them forever and will turn into a hermit after that.

Now, I'm thinking, it is the best decision I have ever made!

Mansoor

後輩
Reaction score
Hello, Muz1234

Its volume was 360 GB. It worked for about 8 years. My files were a series of different technical information that I got from the internet (for example hundreds of Electronic circuits), my various designing with engineering software, a lot of technical pictures, a handful of different software I installed on the system, tens of bookmarks, one of my formal invention patent documents, some other files I used them occasionally, and so on.

I hadn't any important files or documents relative to business or financial cases because I had been zero in this aspect and never had a notable dealing with banks or financial centers yet.

I could save a series of files slowly (when I wanted to transffer the large folder all at once, the old HDD stopped working, and I had to restart the computer a few times to work again.

Unfortunately, I lost my monitor afterward. After I bought a second-hand CTR monitor, the motherboard stopped working!!

Now I'm working with a friend's laptop.

img_1585_ihwz.jpg

The damaged HDD

img_1588_7il7.jpg

My mini-modem that stopped working two nights ago

img_1577_xmpm.jpg

This picture shows I'm repairing a handpiece device for one of the families. It had a two-sided circuit, and repairing it without a circuit diagram was troublesome. I sent a message to the Saeyang.co to send me its diagram, but they didn't. That made me uneasy, and I finally repaired it willfully,
needless of the scheme.

img_1581_lk01.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom