What's new

I can teach someone english if in exchange they can teach me Nihongo

Chocolahime

後輩
20 Jun 2004
Please mail me if you are interested. I can teach proper grammar and spelling along with pronunciation and word meanings. I wait for your reply, domo arigatou! 🙂

Kanichiwa means hi

I am not Japanese but I can teach you some

Wel go here to see writing

here is haragana

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ft5k-ymd/learn1.html

Here is Katahana

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ft5k-ymd/learnh.html

For Slang here

The Japanese Slang Jiko

Now to get started bye teach

First suffixes

sama = king or queen

dono = A palite term for Madden or Waiter

Son = mister or misses

nOW YOU ARE READY FOR REAL

Read above they heads

:eek: o - ka - shi MEANS Funny

:sorry: Go - ne - ma - sei

☝ so - ka means I see

:haihai: Hi means yes

😭 ka - na - ha - shi means sad

🍰 o - me - da - to means happy birth day

🙇‍♂️ Go - men means sorry in short term

Inuyasha -

First off, welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new here myself, so it's always good to see others come in. You seem to be very excited about Japanese and eager to pass on what you know to others, which is great! I did notice just a couple of things that were not quite 100% right, though, so I thought I'd just clear them up for the both of you.

Kanichiwa means hi

Yup...except it's konnichiwa...there's an 'o' at the beginning rather than an 'a'.

sama = king or queen

dono = A palite term for Madden or Waiter

Son = mister or misses

'sama' is used for a broader range of people than just kinds and queens...a lot of times people waiting on you will refer to you as 'okyaku-sama'--'okyaku' being an honorific term for 'customer'.

'dono' is not used anymore...unless I am mistaken it was actually outlawed in official use shortly after the Meiji Restoration. Some old people may use 'dono' as 'Mister/Miss', though...but I can't think of a situation where you would use an honorific term to refer to someone waiting on you as the burden of politeness falls on them.

You do see 'san' (an 'a' here) used a lot, though, but it can also be used among one's peer's (family name + san) rather than using their first name.

:eek: o - ka - shi MEANS Funny

Actually, this may very well have already been discussed somewhere on this board before I came, but I'm a little confused here. The reading above the head is not 'okashii'--it's 'ayashii', which means 'suspicious'. However, in the code this smiley is referred to as 'okashii'. Maybe my eyes are just going bad....

🍰 o - me - da - to means happy birth day

In this context, it does. However, the literal meaning of 'omedetou' (there's an 'e' in the third syllable instead of an 'a') is 'congratulations'--you say it for birthdays, weddings, births of new babies, holidays, and so on. The Japanese version of 'Happy Birthday', then, is 'tanjoubi omedetou'.

"YOUR LANGUAGE IS SILLY!" HAW HAW!!!

anyway, we've already gone through this in a multitude of other threads.. inu isn't allowed to "teach japanese on these boards anymore since he doesnt know it himself XD

as harsh as that might sounds it would be stupid to allow it..

you might be doing some good progress inu, but if anyone takes to heart what you are "teaching" it might result in way too much work... it's way harder to un-learn something and then re-learn it right the second time than to just learn it right from the beginning.. no use making it harder than it already is for the people on these boards ^^

I find learning Japanese to be hard. It's like there's a steep learning curve between inu-yasha's teachings and understanding a line from a few minutes of watching anime. Kuyashii!!!! ~~ Oh, I'm not sure if that even meant what I wanted to say.

Back
Top Bottom