What's new

how you welcome new comer on this forum?

thatsme

先輩
11 Feb 2007
Hi guys,
I have been posting for about a year on a different forum.
just wondering your attitude to new comers on this board.
i am from italy, cameback to japan about a year ago.
working in a japanese travel agency.
if i feel comfortable on this borad, you will see me often.

have a great day.

p.s. not very good to write in english and a lot of mistakes, too lazy to correct them.
just to let you know, but hey who gives a rat!!! anyway

That would also depend on your attitude. No one here will tell you to peel vegetables, or make a pizza. Unless it is your interest to make a pizza. Here people like to talk about japan, but they also talk about other things. Like me, being in the special olympic.

by the way, have fun in this forum.

Well........

laid back and helpful people are always welcome here. Many members never post , just stop in to read things I guess. There are new members joining everyday with tons of questions about Japan and traveling and working there. Sounds like you may have information to offer them with your experience. For many members here , English is not their native language, so perfection is not required or expected here. It is rare for someone to correct or comment negativly on a persons language skills unless they request that people help correct them. Since most members here love Japan , some a little too much; positive posts about Japan go over best. You will see negative comments, but most are based on their experiences and help others understand Japan , like every other country is not perfect. Most people here are real nice and if you hang around a bit, I think you will fit in just fine. Welcome to JREF!!

Uncle Frank

🙂

like every other country is not perfect. Most people here are real nice and if you hang around a bit, I think you will fit in just fine. Welcome to JREF!!
Uncle Frank
🙂
Well said, and that's true. Even Canada is never a perfect country, I grew up 30 minutes away from the downtown of Vancouver east side. I seen the worse. I been bombarded with thousands of persuasion from the worse influence trying to push drug on me, but I don't even smoke weed. I never did. I would never steal anything, I would never drink alcohol, I would never rob a cd store, I would never boast a car, I never owned any ilegal firearms. I don't have a criminal record, and I'm talking about Vancouver.

There's two type of people in special educational classes. There's one kind that really needs it, and then there's the other kind that's up to good. After dropping out of special educational class from high school, I been to some programs, with junkies in it but I was never like them. In the morning we get entertainment usually a social worker or psychologist come, telling us we should have hopes, and one day we may end up being valuable members in society. We get money just for being in the computer room, and listening to the entertainment in the morning.

The irony is, I'm a special olympic athlete, I grew up in a gutter too just like them, but I don't get persuade by evil. I hate the people who blames the environment, when the only reason they're like that. It's because they choose to walk the wrong path with their own free will. There's no excuse.

New members are very much welcome here.

The mods here are much better about eliminating trolls and their like than that "other" forum. Basically if you behave like an adult you will be treated like one here.

One bit of advice is that unless you like J-rock, you can block that subforum's posts from showing up every time you check for new posts. It's in the user settings. Of course you can any section you're not interested it. (I only single out J-rock because there are so many posts that come in on that section.)

Welcome to Jref

One bit of advice is that unless you like J-rock, you can block that subforum's posts from showing up every time you check for new posts. It's in the user settings. Of course you can any section you're not interested it. (I only single out J-rock because there are so many posts that come in on that section.)

I have to reply on this because I like certain Japanese music a lot.

The J-Music section is not only J-rock, and it is a waste that no regular non-J-Rock members visit the place, because there is a lot of information about other Japanese artist (when the Non-J-rock people don't post in that section it will become only J-rock... so complaining about this is also due the fact that not a lot of regulars post in that section about other Japanese music because they are afraid of the J-rockers (whom aren't that bad... except the chit-chatting.

So I advice you to DO have a look in it, and at the different kinds of Japanese music styles.

If I may, here, I too would like to welcome you to JREF!! I hope that you will stick around and enjoy yourself here with us too! I hope that you also would join in with giving a warm welcome to those who do join, and just like yourself, maybe, are a little shy at first, and could use some encouragement to speak up more.

As so well said above, please do not worry about your English so much. If any one has a question, I'm sure they will ask you. Thanks for your introduction. See you 'round !! MM

Back
Top Bottom