• Give him some serious punishment

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Mark of Zorro

先輩
4 Oct 2012
WikiLeaks soldier's sentence reduced - if convicted - Yahoo! News Canada

Bradley Manning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would not say that Bradley Manning is necessarily a patriot or hero. But I will say that he has done what any patriot or hero SHOULD have done. The only reason I won't say he is is because I don't know his motives for blowing the whistle, but I don't think it was patriotism or heroism.

Regardless, I think he should be released, apologized to, and compensated for his mental torture and poor treatment. I think he should be respected for doing the right thing, which most soldiers don't have the balls to do themselves.

Its people in the U.S. government grossly abusing the PRIVILEGE of government secret keeping that need to be jailed and are the traitors. Its them that endanger our soldier's lives with their lies and cover-ups that lead to needless foreign wars n the first place!

Edit: Sorry, the third poll option should say "serious punishment".

I think that he should be treated in accordance with USA laws avoiding any politisation.

Back in the day.........

While in the Navy , I managed to get a high security clearance. We had weeks and weeks of indoctrination on keeping national secrets , dealing with spys and blackmail , etc. If we took part in a program that was classified , we were sat down with a one on one trainer and we signed papers saying we would not relese any classified info that we knew for a certain period(Usually 20 to 30 years or more). It was VERY detailed as to what would happen to us if we leaked any classified info. The most often talked about penalty (besides death) was going to the brig/jail where Marines were in charge. We were told we would be forced to lick the toilet bowls clean with our tongue and be sodomized with nightsticks , etc. by the big nasty Marines.
So , bottom line , he knew what he did was wrong and chose to do it anyway; he deserves what ever he gets.

Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank, information about n##tsticks is still classified and should not be disclosed :sorry:

So , bottom line , he knew what he did was wrong and chose to do it anyway; he deserves what ever he gets.

So repeat something enough, get people to sign enough forms, and threaten jail and object rape, and that is how we determine right and wrong now???

In other words, might makes right?

In fact, the combo of what you said in fact implies that the government and military are WRONG and know they are WRONG, and the only way they can ensure getting away with being WRONG is to indoctrinate, brainwash, harass, and threaten people with physical abuse to gain compliance.

Or maybe you meant to say not that he knew what he did was wrong (because it WASN'T), but rather that he knew he would get in trouble?

And to say he deserves what he gets? This is much like saying that Irishmen deserved their pitch-cappings for defying the English occupation! After all, they knew it was coming!

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 ----------

Uncle Frank, information about n##tsticks is still classified and should not be disclosed :sorry:

I guess the only question to answer now is, with or without lube?

When it comes to extreme and everyday abuse of government secret keeping privileges, I wish more soldiers had the balls to MANNING up!

Back
Top Bottom