What's new

How to translate the below message into Japanese

yzxmw

後輩
4 Jun 2006
PLEASE SEE THE TEXT IN COLOR RED WHICH NEED TO BE TRANSLATED.
I love a girl who comes from a small seaside village.

The reason I am asking this is that I fall in love with one girl whose hometown is there and I want to have something special to be shown on my MSN so that she will see it.I knew nothing about Japanese while she has learned it for several years.

I would appreciate very much if anyone will help me about it.Many thanks.

or maybe
小さい海辺の村から来た女の子「女性かな?」を愛してます。
If you really want to specify your self and not that "the girl who came from a small seaside village is loved" then you want to add.
僕は「私は」 to the beginning.

私は小さい海辺の村から来た女の子を愛してます。

Sorry I hope it isn't too late for the OP, :sorry: I just found this thread.
Anyway, I think you should use 出身 to mean "came from" as in that is her hometown. :)

「海辺の小さな村出身の女の子(少女)を愛しています 。」

Sorry I hope it isn't too late for the OP, :sorry: I just found this thread.
Anyway, I think you should use 出身 to mean "came from" as in that is her hometown. :)

「海辺の小さな村出身の女の子(少女)を愛しています 。」

Trying to keep things somewhat romantic....

Jimmy's use of 娘 instead of 女の子 or 女性 or some such thing was, I strongly suspect, not without reason.

Similarly, the use of 生まれ here would be preferable to 出身.

So here is what the GF suggests
O
Original answer from Rieko
「私は小さな海辺の村出身の女の子を愛しています」
「私は小さい海辺の村から来る女の子を愛しています」
どっちでもいいと思います
Having fun with the quote function. :p

Yeah she also said that 娘 is more romantic.
😅

Trying to keep things somewhat romantic....

Jimmy's use of 娘 instead of 女の子 or 女性 or some such thing was, I strongly suspect, not without reason.

Similarly, the use of 生まれ here would be preferable to 出身.
I'm not criticizing Jimmy or anyone else by contributing what I think is a good correction. With 出身 there is also the implication where a person was raised or brought up, it isn't only limited to birthplace in the strictest sense of the word.

I'm not criticizing Jimmy or anyone else by contributing what I think is a good correction. With 出身 there is also the implication where a person was raised or brought up, it isn't only limited to birthplace in the strictest sense of the word.

I thought your correction was wonderful, to tell the truth.

I merely thought that in this situation 生まれ would be more in keeping with the intended romantic purpose of the message. In all actuality, the message works just fine with neither of them.

Just to add my two bits, I have asked people what 出身 they are and received a response like the following on numerous occasions.

"Well, I'm from Tokyo, but I moved when I was 2, so I'm Tokyo 出身 but I've never really lived there."

Nothing is as easy as we'd like it to be...

Yeah I realize 出身 is vague depending on the case used to refer to everything from birthplace to graduated university ; 'from' in English is as well, I was simply responding to the present example.

Sometimes when people wish to be clear from the get-go they use 生まれも育ちも (born and raised).
Yeah, I was wondering about that as well -- or just 生まれ育てられた ... not as a romantic turn of phrase of course... 😅

Back
Top Bottom