What's new

How many temperature records will be broken in Japan tomorrow, 2016/02/14?

user46182

後輩
10 Jun 2009
I have been poking around on this page at JMA:

気象庁|歴代全国ランキング

And I think we will see some new records placed on that page after tomorrow.

In fact, I already see one for February 8th of this year for the Tokyo-to entry, except that is a bit of a cheating style because Tokyo-to sticks its nose way down into warm areas of water.

Still, I have a feeling we are in for some interesting temperatures tomorrow.

And I thought it was a record day today. Spring is in the air. And heaps of pollen.

And I thought it was a record day today. Spring is in the air. And heaps of pollen.
I also thought spring was in the air while I was in Kyoto on Sunday wearing a t-shirt and having an ice-cream...then Monday came along and reminded me that what's in the cold cold air are millions of flu viruses :(

The Japan Times ran an article a few days ago and the second paragraph noted these temperatures:

<> <> <> Copy Starts <> <> <>
The temperature reached 24.8 C in Tokyo, 23.5 C in Nagoya and 23.3 in Minami, Tokushima Prefecture, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. In the northeastern prefecture of Iwate, the mercury climbed to 22 C in Kuji and 21.3 C in Iwaizumi, levels more typical of July.
<> <> <> Copy Ends <> <> <>

Link for that is:

As warm winds blow, temperatures in Japan reach record highs for February | The Japan Times

And the plunge in temperature on Monday was really interesting.

I dug up some interesting numbers for February from past years, but I haven't finished with that bit of research.

One thing, though, I think there should be a new record keeping thingy -- highest low temperature.

Back
Top Bottom