What's new

How is life in Japan for Foreigners

Moniex208

Registered
6 Dec 2017
Hi Everyone, I'm Moniex From African, Living in Vietnam for 3 years now, i just join here, so i will need some Guidelines from you friends, and mostly i want to know how is living in japan for foreigners there, my Fiance want me move down there to live, so i want to know how is job and living there, am Teaching English here in Vietnam and Am freelancer web developer and i also run E-commerce online store...So i will be happy is there any ideas how to get jobs how to live comfortable ....!!!! Thanks All

Hi Moniex, welcome to the forum. Almost every aspect of life in Japan has already been discussed here. Please read through the relevant fora. If you have any particular question, please start your own thread.

What type of visa do you qualify for? Is your fiancee Japanese?

I don't think you will be able to teach English here.

What type of visa do you qualify for? Is your fiancee Japanese?

I don't think you will be able to teach English here.
Yes she is Japanese and i just want to apply for the visa so i want to know more before making a move...Can you please tell me more why i can't teach English there...?

Welcome to the forum Moniex.

By strange coincidence I came to Fukuoka from another Asian country with my Japanese wife to work (at that time) in the web development business.

If you are a freelance web developer and can get a spouse visa you already have a big advantage here. The internet is fast and stable and with a spouse visa you don't need to worry about finding a company to sponsor you for a working visa. As long as you can find enough clients for your website business and/or make money from your e-commerce store, you already have a clear path to success.

You asked also how is life for foreigners here. It's as you make it. You've lived in Asia already for some years so once again already have a big advantage.

I think you can do well. Good luck.

Last edited:
Yes she is Japanese and i just want to apply for the visa so i want to know more before making a move...Can you please tell me more why i can't teach English there...?

Which visa do you qualify for?

Based on the English in your initial post I think you would have poor prospects of being hired to teach English.

Welcome to the forum Moniex.

By strange coincidence I came to Fukuoka from another Asian country with my Japanese wife to work (at that time) in the web development business.

If you are a freelance web developer and can get a spouse visa you already have a big advantage here. The internet is fast and stable and with a spouse visa you don't need to worry about finding a company to sponsor you for a working visa. As long as you can find enough clients for your website business and/or make money from your e-commerce store, you already have a clear path to success.

You asked also how is life for foreigners here. It's as you make it. You've lived in Asia already for some years so once again already have a big advantage.

I think you can do well. Good luck.
Awww thanks that was a great one! Arigato gozaimasu lol!!1

Hmmmm My friend i don't think so, But thanks anyway !

I didn't say it for the purpose of being mean. I said it so you could have a realistic idea of your employment prospects in Japan.

There were at least a half-dozen English errors in your initial post in this thread which are very jarring to the ears of native speakers of English. If you have similar errors in your resume or make similar errors during a job interview where there is a non-Japanese person present then your chances of being hired are poor.

After you get married you will be eligible to apply for a visa as the spouse of a Japanese citizen. If you want to apply for a visa before you get married then you will have to qualify for some particular category of Japanese visa. Have you looked into the details of this at all? It isn't as easy as you may think it is. Japan is famously very restrictive. There's a reason I keep asking you what visa you qualify for.

Entering Japan - Immigration and Visa Matters

I didn't say it for the purpose of being mean. I said it so you could have a realistic idea of your employment prospects in Japan.

There were at least a half-dozen English errors in your initial post in this thread which are very jarring to the ears of native speakers of English. If you have similar errors in your resume or make similar errors during a job interview where there is a non-Japanese person present then your chances of being hired are poor.

After you get married you will be eligible to apply for a visa as the spouse of a Japanese citizen. If you want to apply for a visa before you get married then you will have to qualify for some particular category of Japanese visa. Have you looked into the details of this at all? It isn't as easy as you may think it is. Japan is famously very restrictive. There's a reason I keep asking you what visa you qualify for.

I have to agree with Mike as to your prospects of teaching English in Japan. I don't know how strict their requirements are but he's correct in saying that there errors in your initial post that are very jarring to the ears of a native speaker. I would pursue other avenues that may be available in your situation.

Al
Which visa do you qualify for?

Based on the English in your initial post I think you would have poor prospects of being hired to teach English.
Alright Mike thanks I will keep that in mind !

Back
Top Bottom