What's new

How do modern Japanese feel about Koreans?

They have already been claiming those things... 😊

Probably they want to regain something historic, which they lost for a long time. It is fine to us as far as they claim internally. But as you know, they are a bit noisy.

The best solution is to keep distance with them, being unlike Chinese reaction. Korean companies are good customers for Japanese industrial goods. They are always buying much more than we buy. In addition, Korean financial sector is fully controlled by US banks and funds since IMF crisis. Either way, Korean people are squeezed by Japan and USA.

So let's let them do whatever they like. We are happy to have fruits.

It is very commendable to admit that what your people did in the past was wrong. I think a lot of Koreans who overreact against the Japanese because of the past should look closely in the mirror and realize that they aren't so perfect themselves.

I agree with you.
The same thing happens in China too.
Maybe korean hold a much stronger anomisity towards Japanese people.

Although I have never been to Korea, I must say that there are growing hatred against Koreans among Japanese. It is because:

1. People are increasingly aware that Korean mentality is opposite to us.
2. People are accessing more true information about history through internet.
3. People are realizing that there are many lies and fabrication about history between two countries.

No offence once again Astro Boy but your comments point towards something else their..

Try to respect other cultures, just for once..

Yeah, I heard this today. Problem is .... that only Koreans don't know about themselves and reality. In a way, they are dreaming everyday and avoiding from something. As far as I know, most of Japanese, especially youngers, are very cold about Korean things and keeping distance from them.

they walk around holding hands in Cairns..

I have met quite a few Japanese girls with Korean BF's and vica-versa..

They study here..

I think once again you are perceiving without any proof..

Last edited:
Kyoto Returnee,

This is a question of "feeling".

ingratitude and lier...
I think Koreans are...

Of course, I may become friends with Koreans personally.
Indeed I had a few Korean friends once.
But Korean nation is a very annoying neighbor.
They do not follow rules between countries.
Now from Korea a large quantity of garbage drifts to the Sea of Japan coast.

Remember Korea is also Whaling country, you know.
You'd better check why so many Whales were caught in Korean fish-net by accident.
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/asia/2008/01/13/138817/South-Korean.htm

And I love dogs as you love whales.
We don't eat dogs, but we should respect Korean culture, of course. What do you think about dogs killed by cruel way and eaten?

Kyoto Returnee,

This is a question of "feeling".

ingratitude and lier...
I think Koreans are...

Of course, I may become friends with Koreans personally.
Indeed I had a few Korean friends once.
But Korean nation is a very annoying neighbor.
They do not follow rules between countries.
Now from Korea a large quantity of garbage drifts to the Sea of Japan coast.

Remember Korea is also Whaling country, you know.
You'd better check why so many Whales were caught in Korean fish-net by accident.
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/asia/2008/01/13/138817/South-Korean.htm

And I love dogs as you love whales.
We don't eat dogs, but we should respect Korean culture, of course. What do you think about dogs killed by cruel way and eaten?

Hi Hanachan:

It's OK.. My wife doesn't like Korean's much either having shared accommodation with them Australia when she was here on a WHV.

I've never had a problem, although I belive Korean's are a lot more conservative than Japanese.

I do respect Korean culture..

I certainly don't agree with their in-humane treatment in the way they kill dogs or whales.

Do a search on You Tube "Korean Dog" also search "China Dog" It's terrible..

Fish nets are a terrible thing as it's not only whales, dolphins or sharks that get caught, it's loads of other beautiful creatures..

We have a huge problem at the top of Aussie with rubbish and nets floating in from Indonesia..

Loads of animals die form this type of pollution and animals that swallow plastic bags meet a certain death..

Anyway, I didn't really udnerstand your post, but I am guessing somewhat, hopefully in the right direction..

How was your Saturday👍

humanity itself is disgusting... I hate to be a human, to be a whale wold be much nicer.

Hi JAL,
not so bad to be a human... because you can imagine that you are a whale.

By the way, what do you think about Korea and Japan?

Arirang TV is so fun :) Only there you can see Japanese who live in Korea and speak 한글 and live in happinness :)

I certainly don't agree with their in-humane treatment in the way they kill dogs or whales.
Hey einstein, japanese are the ones who are mercilessly killing whales from left and right. don't just try to throw all their atrocity on other country.

you make yourself look like a total ignorant fool. 👍

by the way, there are bunch of anti-dog eating protests in korea. general populace of korea like dog. most of families at least, own a dog in their household and you can see them walking dogs on local parks.

Sorry to chime in so late, but I'm sure the Japanese have their reservations about Koreans like they do other races and nationalities. The problem with Koreans is that they're ungrateful and unappreciative of the enormous contributions Japan has made to their country.

The one thing that Koreans and Japanese have in common is that they don't handle criticism or threats very well.

Hey einstein, japanese are the ones who are mercilessly killing whales from left and right. don't just try to throw all their atrocity on other country.

Unintentional catch of small whales is the right which is grandted by the international community, but do you know the mysterious unintentional big catch is a big issue in South Korea?
As far as I know, South Korea has less population and shorter costal line than Japan, and mysteriously South Korea is an anti-whaling country with a local whale festival...

because koreans do whaling but only during the festival. they recently made a decision not to make whale and dolphin meat factory in Ulsan city. activity of whaling dropped rapidly.

not to mention, japanese also hunts dolphins. another mamal that are decreasing in population rapidly.

Probably Chinese posters here can share some sorts of feelings with me, if they think of the Korean patriatism on the ancient East Asian history between China and Korea.
I am not that history lover who find any importance for political leaders in East Asia to discuss the 2000 year old history in the 21st centruy like President Roh.

Korean posters would perhaps accuse of the Korean war 2000 years later. All I can say is that I cannot see the debate then, and I hope the new president, Mr. Lee, is different from Roh.

I don't support some Asian dog-eating food culture, but it is your local culture. So I am not for/against it.

*snip
Just curious if Mr. Lee would apologise what your dictators did to Japanese fishermen. They had killed a bit too many people in the peaceful post-war era...

it's not a part of culture, very small population in korea eat dogs. but the myth is blown out of proportion.

but if you do believe it's part of korea's culture, then that probably makes japanese eating monkey brains and butchering whales and dolphins a part of japanese barbaric culture.

why should Lee apologize when japanese can't even accept their war crime?

*shrugs*

it's not a part of culture, very small population in korea eat dogs. but the myth is blown out of proportion.

but if you do believe it's part of korea's culture, then that probably makes japanese eating monkey brains and butchering whales and dolphins a part of japanese barbaric culture.

why should Lee apologize when japanese can't even accept their war crime?

*shrugs*

79.1% of Koreans accept eating dogs as traditional culture.
中央日報日本語版 エラー

No, Japanese don't eat monkey's brain.

like I said, I want a source other than japanese.

it mentions the percentage was based on phone calls. how freaking reliable is that? conclusion based on a phone call survey is very stupid and unreliable.

like I said, I want a source other than japanese

this is a korean newspaper in Japanese

it mentions the percentage was based on phone calls. how freaking reliable is that? conclusion based on a phone call survey is very stupid and unreliable

I think most Public opinion poll is like that

Back
Top Bottom