What's new

How are the moderators chosen anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuff like this is why I have always taken the approach toward becoming a moderator that General William Tecumseh Sherman (pause to spit on the ground) took toward the Presidency: "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve."

Emoni, I wish you had done this in PMs rather than starting a thread. This has put a dark layer of cloud over a fun forum that I love spending time on.

You have a beef with the way something was handled by one of the moderators. Fine. Talk with the moderator / other moderators / admins. Let them discuss the matter. If you don't like the answer/explanation they ultimately hand you, you live with it, leave, whatever. I can't help but think that you rather enjoy this little drama. I don't.

Though I hope it is not your intention, I get the impression after reading your posts that you are implying that your sentiment is shared by others who have been feeling frustrated by the way the forums are moderated, and somehow you are speaking out for the good of the forum and for those who wouldn't speak up in fear of getting on the bad side of the moderators/admins. You mention in your posts something to the effect of "me and other members with whom I have spoken". Reading this thread, I only see 2 other members who also have problems with the moderator in question, one of which I wouldn't even count as he pretty much declared on his very first post and (a few after) on the forum that he didn't want to be taken seriously (and I am glad to learn that the most ridiculous one has been deleted).

And this is for other members who read this. No one can expects moderators to be perfect on every decision they make especialy when an agreeable decision for one person can be anything but for another. This is something Emoni, an individual, has a problem with. If any of you have the same problem, you should talk to mods/admins as individuals. Let us not make it into a public campaign against one moderator. I don't feel that is fair.

Excuse me, anomouse san, but can you provide a list of those 'people' and please explain just how, and where, and by whom they are being treated like children?

Of course, you may know, I am a child. Oh, and come to think of it there is not a single person on this forum who is not, uh, a child. So what exactly do you mean by 'child'? If I may, since perhaps you do not mean someone born of parents.

This is really turning into a discussion that should be in private messages between involved parties only. The issue's out. Everybody knows who is involved. Everybody knows who will be making decisions. That's about all the masses need to know at this point.

On the other hand, if there is a revision or clarification of posting rules, I would like to be informed.

Not trying to play moderator or anything, but... ;)

Question answered, and it's being discussed in the staff section. You can continue by PM if you want.

If anyone is having a problem that I am closing this thread... don't see what's need to be discussed anymore... if you want to talk about what is off topic or not... I am sure that there are some older threads about it as well, or start a new thread what you find off topic and not.

Thread closed for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom