What's new

Help translating writings on a protein drink package

flixflex

後輩
6 Sep 2016
Some times ago I posted here inquiring about weight gainers with certain requirement on its content sold in Japan. Unfortunately there haven't been answer that I am seeking. Recently I luckily found this product: Weight Up from Weider. Now I just would like someone to confirm, based on its package whether it contains milk, cheese, or any dairy, or lactose. Should the answer be "no", can you please further explain how many spoons for a glass and how often to drink it a day. Also, are there important instructions and cautions I should pay attention to.
WG.jpg

It does include dairy.

To help make your shopping in Japan simpler and a bit more certain, you should learn to recognize the word "allergy" in Japanese: アレルギー and the kanji for milk: 乳

I wouldn't say that all food manufacturers are including a list of contained allergens on all packages of all products, but recently a lot of packages, restaurant menus, and signage in places such as bakeries do have the information posted.

The information is often included in a little box of its own and should be pretty easy to spot. If you look carefully you should be able to find it on the package you are asking about here.

It does include dairy.
Thanks a lot! Can you please tell me which part of the package that says it contains dairy? I would like to use it as future reference.
To help make your shopping in Japan simpler and a bit more certain, you should learn to recognize the word "allergy" in Japanese: アレルギー and the kanji for milk: 乳
I see, it's that blue-highlighted text on the bottom right, but what does it actually say?

It says the ingredients contain the following allergens, then in the white box off to the side I assume it says 乳. As is typical with pictures posted here, the only really important part is too blurry to make out. I got the milk part from reading the ingredients.

Hi Mike sorry to trouble you again.
On a second thought I think I will give this drink a try and see how my stomach responds. Therefore can you please show me the instruction to make it (number of spoons per glass) and how often shall I drink it each day according to the package?

Drink it between meals or with meals. If you look at the pictures on the package you can easily figure out the mixing proportions.

I would suggest purchasing a smaller package of this stuff at first if you are worried it may cause you trouble with your digestive system. That way you won't be out so much money if it turns out not to agree with you. If there are no problems, you can generally get these products online considerably cheaper than you can at your local drugstore.

3.5 of spoons(approximately 30g) per 200ml of water/milk (You can see the bold part, right?)
It also says that you need to adjust the number of times or quantity to drink.

As already pointed out, your pictures are useless for us to read what you want to know since the most important part is too blurry. I have to google to get this information.

I would suggest purchasing a smaller package of this stuff at first if you are worried it may cause you trouble with your digestive system.
Thanks for the advice, that's indeed my plan. About online purchase I will think about it again later.
As already pointed out, your pictures are useless for us to read what you want to know since the most important part is too blurry. I have to google to get this information.
I apologize for this inconvenience, the thing is the convenience store where I found this drink is not so near to my apartment, took about 30 minutes to get there by subway. That's why I haven't been able to provide a better picture until I go there again sometimes.

You can probably find it at most drugstores and I would imagine it is easily available much closer to you than a 30 minute train ride in any Japanese city large enough to have a subway system.

You can probably find it at most drugstores and I would imagine it is easily available much closer to you than a 30 minute train ride in any Japanese city large enough to have a subway system.
I think you are right. for now I am myself even not familiar with my neighborhood but I will find some drugstores near my place as the time flies by.

Back
Top Bottom