What's new

Hello, Hallo, こんいちわ!

DeLorges

後輩
27 Mar 2016
Hello Sweeties!

So yeah, I just registered on these forums but I've been reading a bit here and there for the last past days.

I am currently undertaking the not so small task of learning Japanese! I wouldn't even be able to say why exactly. Part of the reason is, that I wanna keep using my mind and/or spending my time in a somewhat productive manner (well, at least more productive than just randomly surfing the net and killing time). And I've always had a knack for language stuff, or so I would like to believe. Why Japanese, then? Well, Japanese is kinda cool (terribly superficial reason, I know), and I do consume the occasional manga and anime. Anyway, I think it is a quite interesting endeavour, even if I cannot spell out my reasons adequatly.

I have had somewhat of a health issue and am currently working on getting back into business, meaning being a productive member of society by holding a proper job and paying taxes. My learned occupation proofed to be a terrible match for me, and I'm looking for a more fitting one. That's all underway, at the moment I'm waiting for a response from the government agency which is paying me my unenployment money and twiddle my thumbs the rest of the time.
That's all not terribly relevant, just thought I'd share a little background.

Soooo, where was I? Ah right, Japananeseee. I've been learning the language autodidactically since approximately the beginning of the year. Got my Hiragana and Katakana covered, checked out some of Tae Kim's Grammar Guide (as well as other web resources, but I dropped most of those soon after), and am using Anki Flash Cards to hammer the Kanji into my brain (that has a somewhat negative connotation, but I actually like the memorization stuff). I think I'm at more or less 200 Kanji that I actually have down, and some more I'm working on, constantly increasing.

Personal stuffs: As you can see from my profile, I'm in and from Germany, more specifically the very south-west, Black-Forest, close to Switzerland. I like to think that my English is quite good too, but I tend to use it mostly passively by reading stuff on the internet, so who knows~
I am 27 years old and a really cool, nice-to-have-around person. I am also painfully shy (well, not right now, cause, I'm not quite sober, but yanno, generally and in face-to-face communications).
I like sweets and escapism. I hope I am here to stay, I do kinda have the bad habit of dropping communications (painfully shy, remember. Also, shamelessly lazy). Anywayses, you lot seemed like cool guys from what I've gathered, so what do I have to loose~

Hello to everybody here and I hope we all have an wonderful time!

Greetings
DeLorges

Welcome to the forum, DeLorges. Are you really from Kleines Wiesental? The place looks idyllic.
And by the way it's こんにちわ. Are you using Microsoft IME to type Japanese?

Thank you both! I think I like it here.

@Lomaster, yes I live in Kleines Wiesental. Idyllic, I couldn't say, having lived here all my life I'm probably too used to it to notice, hee. But it is nice here. My hometown is somewhat between big and small, meaning it got advantages of both - good infrastructure, still somewhat calm, much greenery to walk around in (got a forest near here, less than 10 minutes walking distance), not much "big city crime", at least not the kind I'd personally notice.
きんにちわ, crap, yes. I am indeed using Microsoft IME, I probably was too careless to properly check/type. Thanks!

Ffffffffff- I'm just gonna stop trying to type japanese on the forums for a while. :p I obviously need more practice first. :D

Back
Top Bottom