What's new

Have you ever had members like this?

Jhopesstrawberry

π’œπ’Ύπ“ƒπ“‰ 𝑒𝓋𝒢 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 π’Άπ“ƒπ‘œπ“‰π’½π’Ά π’·π“‡π‘’π‘’π’ΉπŸ˜œ
4 Apr 2021
Have y'all ever had a member that was there for a long time banished for like years, and then came back out of nowhere? I feel like there has to be one funny story about thisπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I cannot recall any banned member ever trying to come back after years. Once they are banned, they usually resign to their fate, lol. Last year, we had a very irritating member who was banned, re-admitted and banned again and who wouldn't stop pestering me by email until completely banished from the server and blocked from all email accounts.

We had a few members in good standing that returned after a long while. Many of them signed up in the Jpop/anime/manga phase of their lives and rejoined after settling down and/or having their own families.

Many of those active in the early 2000s are still on FB but their interest in all things Japanese is a thing of the past.

I am sure that our chronicler @Uncle Frank has more stories up his sleeve. I also believe he's still in contact with some of our former members. :)

VISITED BY A GHOST ! Years ago we had an amazing woman member named "yimija". I became close friends with her and we private messaged and E-Mailed each other almost every day. Then she just vanished and no more contact from her??? It was almost a year latter her lawyer contacted me. She had been killed in an airplane crash and the lawyer was looking for any relatives she might of had. I happened to have yimija's sister's address in South Korea and the lawyer was able to give the estate to the sister. Been years , but I still often think of her. I'll tell some more stories when I wake up.

She was like a trouble shooter for the UN/Red Cross. When an area flared up with war or another disaster , they would send her in first to see what was needed to help. While on a mission in Africa , she was taken prisoner and rescued by the French Foreign Legion. She lived in Geneva, Switzerland with 2 really interesting female roommates. About 3 months before yimija was killed flying to a mission , her 2 roommates were killed in a car crash. It seemed like fate sent her to join them.

She was like a trouble shooter for the UN/Red Cross. When an area flared up with war or another disaster , they would send her in first to see what was needed to help. While on a mission in Africa , she was taken prisoner and rescued by the French Foreign Legion. She lived in Geneva, Switzerland with 2 really interesting female roommates. About 3 months before yimija was killed flying to a mission , her 2 roommates were killed in a car crash. It seemed like fate sent her to join them.
You could make her life into a movie thats amazing and brave of her

I do have 6 old JREF members I keep in touch with on Facebook and also a few active members still here on JREF. Because I use Facebook to wage political war for the most part , I get the feeling they don't pay any attention to my posts , LOL. I have no love for Facebook , but it's a little better than TV now days. I used to love reading , but began to suffer from ocular migraines from eye strain. When they hit , I would lose sight in one eye completely and have just a tiny bit of vision in the other eye. The first time it happened , I was driving and it scared the crap out of me. I thought I was having a stroke. As soon as I gave up heavy reading they went away. Funny that hours on the computer don't cause a problem , just reading.

Back
Top Bottom