What's new

GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)

Homerduff

ケビン
2 Jan 2007
Anyone ever seen this Japanese sitcom from 1998 ?

Its about an ex-gang member whose dream is to become teacher, and by miracle he is been given the job. Allthough he doesnt behave really properly, he really takes care of his students and is respected by them. Its definetly one of my favourite sitcoms I have seen. It contains everything, from romance/friendship to comedy and action.

I can definetly recommend it..

I saw it! It was a running joke in our apartment for quite a while - (three foreign lads living together in Japan).

As far as I remember, it was on at primetime, but some of the storylines were pretty racy - affairs between teachers and pupils etc. And one episode we saw had pictures of a teacher caught 'in flagrante' being put up in the staff room I think (?) 😲

I also believe there was an animated series and a series of manga (which you can buy or browse in HMV on Oxford Street, London, if you so wish!)

Last edited:
I've only seen the Anime and my lady is reading the manga now. I found GTO very amazing, with a lot of weird actions from the main character.

Still want to see the Live action one, though. I like Kubozuka Yosuke as an actor, and find Matsushima Nanako a beautiful lady.

I've only seen the Anime and my lady is reading the manga now. I found GTO very amazing, with a lot of weird actions from the main character.

Still want to see the Live action one, though. I like Kubozuka Yosuke as an actor, and find Matsushima Nanako a beautiful lady.

i have the whole series + live action movie

could give you a link to get it

Cheers ;)

I've watched a couple of episodes today, and I am enjoying them a lot. Maybe I can finish by the end of the week.

Well I have finished all episodes and tried to watch the Special and the movie.

I really love the Drama itself, the characters in it and of course the main Onizuka sensei. I also really enjoy the Openings song, which is the song of Onizuka himself.

I have also tried to see the special and the movie, but because it went over to new schools with new characters I did not find it interesting enough for me to finish it.

I actually expected to see Yousuke a little bit more in it, but I guess it was one of his first drama's so that doesn't matter.

A funny thing is that real Onizuka is married with his co-worker from GTO : Nanako Matsushima (she sure is a lovely lady😌 )

Im one of the biggest fan of Great Teacher Onisuka, even mi friends call me his "son", but here in Mexico it`s very hard to find something about GTO, because of piracy :(

Back
Top Bottom