What's new

Greetings from Michigan

scarmullet

後輩
16 Mar 2011
Hey I'm Sam, I'm 22 years old.

I came here with an interest in Learning ways to learn Japanese and to talk with people about visiting the country. You see, I've been fascinated with Japan since I was in 2nd Grade when I had to do a report on Japan. Since then, I've read numerous books about Japan, and that take place in Japan (Including Shogun and Gai-Jin), and I have only recently (within a couple of years) looked at anime and manga.

I even had a chance in High School to become an exchange student in Japan, but the fact that I didn't know the language held me back, and it still gets me to this day that I lost out on some awesome life experiences. Since my school offered no Japanese language courses (only Spanish, which bites) I was stuck.

I'd like some tips and techniques in learning Japanese, I know there is no fast way to do it (nothing that is done fast is done right). One of the reasons why I'd like to learn the language now is that I'd like to visit Japan some day, and I don't want to be taken as a tourist.

Welcome to jref Sam! There's plenty of great people here who can help you with your japanese. Ask around and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom