What's new

Found a phone in Japan, how can I return it to owner?

FinancialWar

Sempai
19 May 2006
Found a phone, how I return it to owner?

Found a Xperia ZR with docomo network, the current location of the phone is in Sydney. How can I return it to it's Japanese owner or network?
I called Docomo, there is nothing they are willing to do help me get the phone back to the owner as they don't have an office in Australia, Japanese consulate-general probably don't want any responsibility with a lost property.
Anyway I can get the phone to the Japanese owner or Docomo without me paying for the postage?

Last edited:
Well, it is a legitimate question: how DID the phone get to Australia?

He/She found a phone that doesn't belong to him/her and he/she did not go to police office so i believe he/she is responsible and should send it back despite the shipping cost unless he/she found it when he/she arrived to Australia then the cost is on the owner.

What were the last numbers dialed and received? Call them. The cell phone's number should be in the phone. Tell those people the number and ask whose phone it is. Have them contact the owner who can then pay for postage.

Heck, you could even get a member of this board here in Japan to make some calls for you.

Also it may be possible to send email to the numbers dialed and received on that cell phone to ask who the phone belongs to.

Just mail it to someone here and they can drop it off at docomo or a police station. Probably won't make it to the owner from there, but likely the best you can do.

Sent from my fingers using the internet.

Back
Top Bottom