What's new

Ever get really sick or a disease in Japan?

Who said it was the first time? This discussion is a waste of time, its like talking to a brick wall. I guess I imagined the whole thing and it was all just a series of spectacular coincidences.
I guess so. B/c I have not seen this phenomenon that you speak of and I am in the medical field here in Japan.

Last edited:
I must chime in on Suz135's behalf, since I believe she has a point... and the condescending attitude of some posters here is very depressing.

I can believe that one's stomach gets accustomed to the food one regularly eats. And I don't find it a ridiculous notion that raw meat might contain bacteria which irritates certain people's stomach but not others.

I had a similar experience in the USA 10 years ago. I wolfed down a plate of chips (sorry, freedom fries...) without realising that in the USA, hog fat is often used for frying. Having been a veggie since '88, this confounded my system, and the next three days of my holiday were wasted while I divided my time between my bed, the toilet and the pharmacy.

Here is one of my posts, read the bold lettering carefully, then read Suz135's post with the bold lettering carefully... Now read your first sentence again and still see if you agree with Suz135?
Eating anything for the first time, can upset the balance in your stomach/bowels (I emphisize can). But just like any othe human being on this planet any type of food can have this effect, not just raw meat like you are suggesting.

Who said it was the first time? This discussion is a waste of time, its like talking to a brick wall. I guess I imagined the whole thing and it was all just a series of spectacular coincidences.

I must chime in on Suz135's behalf, since I believe she has a point... and the condescending attitude of some posters here is very depressing.
I can believe that one's stomach gets accustomed to the food one regularly eats. And I don't find it a ridiculous notion that raw meat might contain bacteria which irritates certain people's stomach but not others.

And I don't see where the condisending attitudes are. Anyone can make bold statements without any evidence to back them up.

Back
Top Bottom