What's new

DPJ looks set to win more seats than ruling LDP, survey shows

Hachiko

後輩
17 Jan 2004
The Democratic Party of Japan is expected to make great strides in the House of Councilors election on July 11 and looks set to top the list of parties in the proportional representation section, according to a new survey.
The findings from the Kyodo News random telephone survey of voters nationwide and projection analyses of district-level and proportional representation seats revealed a neck-and-neck race between the DPJ and the Liberal Democratic Party, with the DPJ getting enough of a nod to eclipse the LDP's target of 51 seats.

The survey was conducted Thursday through Saturday on 59,828 households with eligible voters. Of these, 43,605 voters responded, with about 40 percent saying they are undecided on who they will vote for.

Japan Times

Woah! Can this really happen? The LDP has always had control of everything! Btw, isn't it funny how it's called the Liberal Democratic Party and its everything but liberal or democratic... Well, I don't know much about the DJP, but I'm glad theres at least a chance that the LDP can be beaten in its lust for control in the House of Councilors.

Oh! the DJP is the Minshutou and the LDP is the Jimintou! Well, I was watching the elections of TV and looks like the Minshutou is gonna out-seat the Jimintou!!! YEAH! The old people always vote for the conservatives. We need the Minshutou to start changing things.

Back
Top Bottom