Originally Posted by mael
* If it's my car it's my responsibility.
Following that logic, if it's the government's country, it's their responsibility to impose laws on you that you should obey.
* In your mind.
No, in reality.
* Fine. If you think so.
I'm glad we agree.
* THE PURPOSE OF LAWS LIKE THIS IS NOT TO MAKE THE ROADS SAFER BUT SEEMS MORE LIKE THEY ARE JUST TO CATCH PEOPLE FOR MONEY (TO PAY FOR EVEN MORE POLICE SURVEILLANCE).
Fine, in your mind, if you say so.
* You fumble for your cellphone whilst you are driving?
I don't own one, but people cause accidents doing so.
* The point is that the laws are inadequate.
Support this with facts instead of childish remarks.
* So how about those many exceptions to the law?
How about them?
You are certainly hypocritical in this matter.
Prove it. You haven't and you can't.
But do I berate you for that? No!
You berate no one here. You are incapable of that. You act like a child instead.
Re: your mother in law with no common sense
* She was just the one that got caught. The two in front of her did the same thing and got away with it.
So? My remarks were not about them. You say that people should have common sense to use seat belts but you refuse to acknowledge the fact that your own MIL lacks this.
* She didn't endanger my kids. But after that experience I am sure her concentration wasn't as good as it normally is.
There you go, blatantly ignoring the obvious. She was the responsible driver who lacked responsibility, and since evidence proves unbelted people in cars are at risk for themselves and others, your MIL endangered them.
* You are hysterical!
No, I am right.
* You speak as if seat belts in the back have always been used infallibly since cars started being used.
In your mind. I never implied that or made any direct remarks to that effect. I repeat, in your mind. Hysterical!
* And there will be new laws and maybe you won't like them.
* Ban those loud stereos, - Of course because it may be impossible to hear what's happening on the road.
* make it illegal to drive a car without a drink holder, - Imagine those selfish nutcases who get a can of coffee and just hold it as they drive! What if it was hot and it falls off the dash and burns someone? It might cause a terrible accident.
* or you must have a certified rubbish bin in the front and the back?
Hysterical non sequitur.
* I'm sure you would be the same with all of those laws and act shocked and act as if you followed them all the time.
Where did you get your mind reading license?
* What's this got to do with what I said? I have stated they are there for people's safety. You are somehow of the opinion I think they do not contribute to safety? Very surprising.
No, not surprising. I accept the fact that you believe the seat belts protect people and should be there and should be used, even in the confines of your own little "territory" called your car. I just don't accept the fact that you think a law is unnecessary. Why do I feel that way? You have not proven why.
Be specific in your accusations or don't waste my time.mael, stop bringing up irrelevant points and misleading arguments.
What about him?
mael, stop bringing up irrelevant points and misleading arguments.
Well Glenski.Maybe, Jimmy. Personally, I like a nice hot curry followed by a yogurt drink. I forget what that is called. No cheese in it, though. Ever tried it?