What's new

Could someone translate these?

Elizabeth,

I must say first that I'm not used to grammar terms (especially for Japanese). My last grammar lesson I had was in Grade 6.😅

報い……血をもっ て受けてもらう should be broken down into two:

報いを受ける: This should be learned as a phrase to mean "receive retribution"

「血」をもって(以って): This is a kind of postpositional particle used to express medium/vehicle, reason, etc.

Hope it explains! 😅

Okay after like a week or somewhere along the line's worth of absence. I am back to fill this topic up with requests once again. My first translation confirm requests after so long are these:

この顔の恨み……一日たりとて、忘れたことはないわ……。
"The grudge of this face(She got her face cut).....there hasn't been a single day.....where I would forget about it....."

負け犬風情が……一人前の口を、叩くんじゃないわよっ!!
"Cowardly dog.....Don't attack me with that high and mighty mouth of yours!!"

DingoEnderZOE2 said:
Okay after like a week or somewhere along the line's worth of absence. I am back to fill this topic up with requests once again. My first translation confirm requests after so long are these:

この顔の恨み……一日たりとて、忘れたことはないわ……。
"The grudge of this face(She got her face cut).....there hasen't been a single day.....where I would forget about it....."

負け犬風情が……一人前の口を、叩くんじゃないわよっ!!
"Cowardly dog.....Don't attack me with that high and mighty mouth of yours!!"

I think you're correct in grasping the meaning.
Just a note that "makeinu" is "loser" or "underdog." "High and mighty" is a very creative, good translation. 👍

Ok I got two more requests I kinda know what these two are saying but I don't know how to translate them:

あぁ、60年ほど前、アメリカが北軍に分裂して戦った南北戦争のことを覚えてるか? 南軍に押されていた北軍が逆転して、勝利を決定した戦いがあった街がここだ。その戦いのことは、「ゲティスバーグの軌跡」と言われてるけどな。
Talking about some Civil War that happened about 60 years ago and something something and that fight was known as Gettysburg's miracle.

確か……その北軍が基盤となったゲディスバーグ騎兵隊が、この街を守ってたはずだけど……。
Talking about how hes sure that some horse corps protected the town.(I don't know how to use 基盤 for an english translation.)

First, a couple of typing errors:

あぁ、60年ほど前、アメリカが南北に分裂して戦った 南北戦争のことを覚えてるか? 南軍に押されていた北 軍が逆転して、勝利を決定した戦いがあった街がここだ。その戦 いのことは、「ゲティスバーグの奇跡」と言われてるけどな。
Yeah, do you remember the Civil War, when the United States was split into North and South and fought [within the country]? The South had an edge over the North [initially], but the North turned the tide and made its victory decisive in this town. The battle was called "the miracle at Gettysburg."

確か……その北軍が基盤となったゲディスバーグ騎兵隊が、この街を守ってたはずだけど……。
If I remember correctly....the Gettysburg Cavalry which was the cornerstone of the North's army defended this town...

HTH!! :)

All righty. I love the support I'm getting with this so far. Okay I have three more confirm requests with my attempts included:

フワちゃんが起こしてきた奇跡が本当はなんだったのか……街の奴らに教えてあげて!!
"Show these town people....whether or not Fuanita is needed to make miracle!!"

チェンバーったら……変なことに気を使うんだから。
"That Chamber.....Says such weird things"

生かしておくだけならば……やりようはあるのだぞ。
"If you want to live....there's one thing you can do."

1) "Tell the townspeople what the truth of the miracles Fuwa has performed is!"
Somehow I think there's a typo in that one, and I'm not too sure of my translation.

2) "The chamber cares about such weird things."
Should that not be 遣う instead of 使う, or is there no difference?

3) "If you only want to keep him alive, there's a way."

もちろん、訂正大歓迎!

Glenn said:
1) "Tell the townspeople what the truth of the miracles Fuwa has performed is!"
Somehow I think there's a typo in that one, and I'm not too sure of my translation.

2) "The chamber cares about such weird things."
Should that not be 遣う instead of 使う, or is there no difference?

3) "If you only want to keep him alive, there's a way."

もちろん、訂正大歓迎!

グレンさん、OK ですよ!👍

All right I have two more requests. These ones I can't figure out how to translate:

さすれば、我ら南軍が求めし、大義あるアメリカの歴史を歩むことができるのですな!

ついに、我が南軍が、アメリカを導く時がきた!! エデンよ……その姿を歴史の下にさらし、刻の鎖縛を断ら切るのだ!
"Finally the time for my south squad to guide America has come!! Oh, Eden....(This is where I'm stuck.)

You have some tough ones this time!

さすれば、我ら南軍が求めし、大義あるアメリカの歴史 を歩むことができるのですな!
[You're saying that] our Confederate Army will be able to walk a path in American history that holds meaning!

ついに、我が南軍が、アメリカを導く時がきた!! エ デンよ……その姿を歴史の下にさらし、刻の鎖縛を断ら 切るのだ!
Time has finally come for our Confederate Army to lead the nation! Eden... reveal yourself in the light of history and break away from the fetters of time!

My comment: I suspect that these words come from manga or anime. Expressions like 刻の鎖縛 (probably read "toki no sabaku") do not appear in dictionaries because many manga/anime artists use obscure terms or coin words on their own to make the dialogue creative and suggestive. You have to figure out the meaning from the root meaning of each kanji.

Ooops! I missed a few words:

[You're saying that] our Confederate Army will be able, as we have always wanted, to walk a path in American history that holds meaning!

😌

I need help translating this. It is from an online forum and totally has me confused.

王子はわての隣にずっといてはったんやし~~~!やっぱ、最後はわてのもんですんや~~!!すんまへんな~~~!!で、でへへへ~~~~!!

って、長い寝言言いながら寝てらっしゃるわ~。かわいい

TheKansaiKid said:
I need help translating this. It is from an online forum and totally has me confused.

王子はわての隣にずっといてはったんやし~~~!やっぱ、最後はわてのもんですんや~~!!すんまへんな~~~!!で、でへへへ~~~~!!

って、長い寝言言いながら寝てらっしゃるわ~。かわいい
Umm...I'm not Kansai-jin but will give it a shot:

Prince (or Ouji, if it's proper noun) was at my side all the time...! He's certainly mine in the end...! Sorry about that!! He, he, he...!
He mumbling such long sentences in his sleep... how cute!

All Kansai-ben experts are welcome to correct me. 😅

Yes, I think so, based on all the manzai and rakugo I used to listen to... 😌

All righty two more translation requests from me:

フッ……今回ばかりは、守れねぇかもしれねぇな……。
[Attempt]:Hmph...Although I may not be able to just keep that promise...

……すべての罪は洗い流され、世界の受肉が始まる。時の鎖縛は解かれ……このアメリカは原初の楽園……エデンと化す。アダムとイブ以外……全ての人間は死に絶え……もう一度、やり直せるのだ。いざ、エデンは天空に上がる。その時こそが……第七のラッパが吹かれるときだ。
(Can't figure out the last part for the life of me.)

この、テキサス騎兵隊隊長。チュンバー・ウェストウッド様の目の黒いうちはよぉっ!
(I kinda kind what hes saying. I just can't figure out a translation for it.)

DingoEnderZOE2 said:
All righty two more translation requests from me:

フッ……今回ばかりは、守れねぇかもしれねぇな……。
[Attempt]:Hmph...Although I may not be able to just keep that promise...

……すべての罪は洗い流され、世界の受肉が始まる。時の鎖縛は解かれ……このアメリカは原初の楽園……エデンと化す。アダムとイブ以外……全ての人間は死に絶え……もう一度、やり直せるのだ。いざ、エデンは天空に上がる。その時こそが……第七のラッパが吹かれるときだ。
(Can't figure out the last part for the life of me.)

この、テキサス騎兵隊隊長。チュンバー・ウェストウッド様の目の黒いうちはよぉっ!
(I kinda kind what hes saying. I just can't figure out a translation for it.)
(1) Hmph... I may not be able to just keep that promise this time...
Considering that it appears to be a story related to war, 守る may mean "defend (against enemy).

(2) Terminology suggests biblical references (Revelations).
...All sins are purged, and Incarnation of the world begins... The chains of time come undone... This nation America is transformed into Eden, the original paradise. All men die off, except for Adam and Eve... We can begin once again. Hark(??), Eden rises to Heaven. It is then...that the Seven Trumpets are blown.

I used "hark" because I couldn't think of an appropriate translation for "iza," which is an interjection used as a battle cry. I'm sure you can think of a better word. 😅

(3) The problem probably is the expression 目の黒いうち. This means "while I'm alive."
Not while Captain Chumber(?) Westwood of the Texas Cavalry is alive!! (Might be Texas Rangers??)

HTH! :)

Okay back. Once again I have more requests. 2 of them:

死んでも死にきれず……生き返らされた私たちは……。私たちの思いは……。
(I know it says something about even thou they die.....Our memories...something)

もう過去のことでしょ!
"That's all in the past isn't it!?
なにを言うかっ! 我ら、しいたげられし 南軍の民にとっては今のことだ!!
Attempt:"What are you saying!? To us the oppressed southern citizens that time is still now!!

My next request will probably be the last request I'll make in a while.

DingoEnderZOE2 said:
死んでも死にきれず……生き返らされた私たちは……。私たちの思いは……。
(I know it says something about even thou they die.....Our memories...something)
"Killed but undying... We who were brought back to life... our feelings"

もう過去のことでしょ!
"That's all in the past isn't it!?
Sounds good to me.

なにを言うかっ! 我ら、しいたげられし 南軍の民にとっては今のことだ!!
Attempt:"What are you saying!? To us the oppressed southern citizens that time is still now!!
"To us, the oppressed people of the Southern Army, it is the present!"
I'm basing this on the assumption that the second sentence directly proceeded the first. A better translation may depend on the preceding context.

All right here comes the big one. The biggest request I've ever made. I know whats being said but I have no idea how to translate them. I would really really appreciate it if I got some help with this one:

戦いに負けるのはいい……利用されたのも……仕方ないことだとあきらめよう。だが、それは、よりよき世界を作るため! 今のアメリカを見ろ! これが我らの求めたものか!! これが我らの血の代償か!!

人の尊厳を勝ち得るための崇高なる戦いではなかったのか?

勝ち残ったものは、機械で人を支配し……金で心を縛り付けた。人による人のための国ではない! Douglass Stuwartら、財閥による支配こそが、このアメリカの真実なのだ……。カゴの中で生かされる鳥は……己が閉じ込められていることに気づかぬものなのだな……。

だから、やり直そうと言うのだ。初めから……我らが楽園にいたころから! 建国以来、このアメリカが、隠しつづけてきたエデンの力で、私がやりなおそうというのだ!

あんたはまちがってるんだ。あの時代に戦った人たちは、自分たちの手で未来を掴めるなら命を賭けていいと思ったはずだ。ちがうかい? 南軍として……あの時代に戦ったあんたならわかってるはずだ。

自分たちの手で未来を掴むため! そのために戦ったんだ!! このアメリカという若い国で……胸を張って、まっすぐに立って生きるために戦ったんだ!! やり直すってことは、あの時代に生た人たち……全てを否定することになるんだ!!

Thank you very much.

戦いに負けるのはいい……利用されたのも……仕方ない ことだとあきらめよう。だが、それは、よりよき世界を 作るため! 今のアメリカを見ろ! これが我らの求め たものか!! これが我らの血の代償か!!
We accept that we lost the fight...and that we've been used...that was unavoidable. But that was for building a better world! Look at America now! Is this what we wanted? Is this what we got by shedding our blood?

人の尊厳を勝ち得るための崇高なる戦いではなかったの か?
Wasn't it a battle for a loft aspiration, of winning human dignity?

勝ち残ったものは、機械で人を支配し……金で心を縛り 付けた。人による人のための国ではない! Douglass Stuwartら、財閥による支配こそが、このアメリカの真・ タなのだ……。カゴの中で生かされる鳥は……己が閉じ・桙゚られていることに気づかぬものなのだな……。
The winners have dominated men with machines...chaining their souls with money. This is not a country for the people, by the people! Domination by the cartel led by Douglass Stewart is the truth behind America... A bird allowed to live in a cage... does not see that what is keeping it imprisoned.

だから、やり直そうと言うのだ。初めから……我らが楽 園にいたころから! 建国以来、このアメリカが、隠し つづけてきたエデンの力で、私がやりなおそうというの だ!
That is why we must start over. From the beginning...from when we still lived in Paradise! I am saying we should start again with the power of Eden that America had been hiding!

あんたはまちがってるんだ。あの時代に戦った人たちは 、自分たちの手で未来を掴めるなら命を賭けていいと思 ったはずだ。ちがうかい? 南軍として……あの時代に 戦ったあんたならわかってるはずだ。
You are wrong. The people who fought the war in that period were willing to risk their lives to grab the future with their hands. Isn't that right? As Confederates... You should understand that--having fought in that period.

自分たちの手で未来を掴むため! そのために戦ったん だ!! このアメリカという若い国で……胸を張って、 まっすぐに立って生きるために戦ったんだ!! やり直 すってことは、あの時代に生た人たち……全てを否定す ることになるんだ!!
To grab the future with their own hands! That's what they fought for!! They fought to stand with pride and live in that young nation called America! Doing it all over again means denying...every person who lived in that period!!

I tried to be as faithful as is possible!
You can revise this creatively!
Also, let's keep the questions limited to shorter passages so it's easier for people to help you... 😅

Heh I apologize for the long request. That'll be the last long request I'll make(in a long time anyway.) I really really appreciate your help on this one you really REALLY helped me out this time. I will make sure to give you full credit when my guide is done. Not just you to everyone who helped me out. I probably wouldn't have gotten this far without you guys here. Thanks alot.

I'm baaaack. However this time I don't have a sentence request like I usually do this time I just got a one word translation request. What would be a good word to translate 軽蔑
into? I looked in my dictionary and it means "scorn, disdain" but I have no clue on how I can put those in sentences naturally. I know there's another way to translate Keibetsu into English but what are they?

軽蔑 = dispise, look down upon
I'll give you some examples how to use the word.

彼は私の事を軽蔑しているに違いない。 :confused:

あなたにだけは、軽蔑されたくないのよ。 :(

Back
Top Bottom