What's new

Certificate of Eligibility (Student)

EbraQ8

Registered
5 Jun 2021
Hi everyone!

I'm currently applying for language school in Japan, and i have some curoius questions about COE for student visa,

When i applied i was required to put one of my parents financial details about being my financial sponsor altough my government gives me monthly allowance of 700 USD just because of being student, but my question is will the immigration office in Japan going to call my parents work office ? i'm little worried about it because of time difference is more than 6 hours ahead and they might might not speak proper english, so what i just would like to know if they actully do that? just to inform my parents about it since also in my country they automaticly reject any outside phone number.

Thanks everyone!

Hi everyone!

I'm currently applying for language school in Japan, and i have some curoius questions about COE for student visa,

When i applied i was required to put one of my parents financial details about being my financial sponsor altough my government gives me monthly allowance of 700 USD just because of being student, but my question is will the immigration office in Japan going to call my parents work office ? i'm little worried about it because of time difference is more than 6 hours ahead and they might might not speak proper english, so what i just would like to know if they actully do that? just to inform my parents about it since also in my country they automaticly reject any outside phone number.

Thanks everyone!
I'm not 100% sure but I doubt that they would call. If they need more information they would probably send a letter or email.

I'm not 100% sure but I doubt that they would call. If they need more information they would probably send a letter or email.
Thank you so much, I heard some youtubers from India saying that some immigrations officers will call the parents or their work office, and even I called the immigration to make sure regarding this matter but couldn't understand anything because of the immigration officer broken English and my broken Japanese (I really should learn more), but i'm very worried specially i heard that they would also call the bank, and I asked my bank if they normally accept calls from overseas immigrations to ask questions about some client bank account and they don't accept it because it's prohibited under my country law and only my country Judiciary has the right to do that, I need to know more information regarding this, because as far as I know i'm the ONLY student from my country who's applying for a language school according to my Country embassy in Tokyo, other students are from higher educational degrees like masters and phd under MEXT only.

Thank you so much for your time!

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. If you find more information please put it here. It may help somebody else in the future.

Back
Top Bottom