What's new

MEXT Scholarship (Research/Graduate students) 2018

Me too! Did you find a room yet?
Let's exchange contact information soon!
I will be in Hongo campus as well, I signed up to dorms which is one hour away on the subway. Will be looking for rent outside meanwhile, somewhere closer. Any of you interested in finding housemates?

Let's exchange contact information soon!
I will be in Hongo campus as well, I signed up to dorms which is one hour away on the subway. Will be looking for rent outside meanwhile, somewhere closer. Any of you interested in finding housemates?

Nice! We should definitely get each others info and meet up! I'm totally down once we all get settled in and stuff.

Unfortunately, I've already decided on splitting a place with my friend. The dorms are really quite far, but it's a reasonable price. I tried looking at places closer, but they (1K apartments) tended to be in the range of 80000-100000 yen a month, not to mention paying key money, deposit and real estate fees. Seems to be quite a high price barrier to renting an apartment by yourself. But that's what I've seen from searching online, I bet you'll have a better time finding a place when you're actually there.

Hi, I have a question for you guys. I plan on applying for the scholarship this year. I already got in contact with a professor who agreed to supervise me if I get the scholarship. They asked me to send in all my academic stuff to be considered for an application to the program. On average, how long would you guys say it took for the school to get back in contact with after you sent them your transcript, diploma, and etc.

Hi, I have a question for you guys. I plan on applying for the scholarship this year. I already got in contact with a professor who agreed to supervise me if I get the scholarship. They asked me to send in all my academic stuff to be considered for an application to the program. On average, how long would you guys say it took for the school to get back in contact with after you sent them your transcript, diploma, and etc.

It depends on the professor and how busy she/he is at the moment. From my experience, some professors reply back in less than a day, and some reply back after two weeks. Emails with large files attached are sometimes quarantined, so if the person does not get back to you, you can use this excuse to inquire on whether they have received all the necessary documentation.

For further issues, I think you're better of asking around the MEXT Scholarship 2019 thread. 2018 MEXT scholars are currently preparing to leave for Japan and are in touch with each other through a WhatsApp group that originated out of this forum; and rarely have time or think about checking out this thread.

Wve
Hello folks! How's your MEXT application so far? 🙂:

Everything is fine. I will recieve information about dorms in the summer. For now, I'm waiting on my plane ticket to be sent to me so I can recieve the correct date of my departure to put on my visa application.
Has anyone gotten theirs yet from the travel agency?

Wve

Everything is fine. I will recieve information about dorms in the summer. For now, I'm waiting on my plane ticket to be sent to me so I can recieve the correct date of my departure to put on my visa application.
Has anyone gotten theirs yet from the travel agency?

At least scholars from Spain and a number of other European countries have their flight tickets and visas already, as mentioned on the whatsapp group.

Is there anyone here who applied to Graduate School at Nagoya University this year and has already been admitted? I have been admitted to Graduate School of Economics. Let's share our contact and keep in touch with each other. :D

hello friends! I am new here, is their anyone who applied to Kyodai mext university recommendation 2018? please let me know

Hi Alex! How's your preparation for your departure going?? Did you get an email for researcher accommodation from Nagoya too?

Hey! For now, I've started organizing my information and paperwork, and later this month I'll start getting all my clothes and other basic things packed. And yes, I did. I was asked about living in a single, couple, or family room recently. When you say researchers accommodation, did you mean the housing they have for researchers or international student housing?

HI everyone!!!
Two days ago I received final notification from the Japanese embassy in Guinea: going to Nagoya University graduate school of economics. I'm so happy the wait in finally over for me....
A thought to those who're still waiting, I believe its just a matter of time.
Has anyone going to Nagoya been contacted by the univ for dorm arrangements or some other stuffs already?
Hi CED-AFRIKKA!
My name is Sakae (nickname) and I am from Vietnam. Nice to meet you.

I am going to Graduate School of Economics (G30 program) this October and I am also a nominee of MEXT scholarship (university recommendation).

Are you already in Nagoya or are you also going to Nagoya Uni. this October?

Hey! For now, I've started organizing my information and paperwork, and later this month I'll start getting all my clothes and other basic things packed. And yes, I did. I was asked about living in a single, couple, or family room recently. When you say researchers accommodation, did you mean the housing they have for researchers or international student housing?
Same! I am getting excited. Enjoying my city as much as possible, too. : )

I got an email too about researcher's housing. I was a little confused at first, but it does seem as though they will fit us wherever they can - researcher or international student housing.

I have to sell so much stuff! I made a list of things I need... just bought rain boots to bring with me.

Hi CED-AFRIKKA!
My name is Sakae (nickname) and I am from Vietnam. Nice to meet you.

I am going to Graduate School of Economics (G30 program) this October and I am also a nominee of MEXT scholarship (university recommendation).

Are you already in Nagoya or are you also going to Nagoya Uni. this October?
Another Nagoya University researcher! Hello!

I will be in the Graduate School of Humanities this October. : )

Same! I am getting excited. Enjoying my city as much as possible, too. : )

I got an email too about researcher's housing. I was a little confused at first, but it does seem as though they will fit us wherever they can - researcher or international student housing.

I have to sell so much stuff! I made a list of things I need... just bought rain boots to bring with me.

I need to get a list together too. I just want time to go by quicker. I'm so excited as well.

Is there anyone here who has experience getting rejected for the MEXT and applying the year after (succesfully)? Is it worth the effort (as in, if you already got rejected, can you still re-apply and maybe have a shot at it)? Sometimes with these types of things it is a 'once rejected, always rejected' type of thing. As I got rejected last week, I am currently thinking about my options as well on what to do from here.

Is there anyone here who has experience getting rejected for the MEXT and applying the year after (successfully)? Is it worth the effort (as in, if you already got rejected, can you still re-apply and maybe have a shot at it)? Sometimes with these types of things it is a 'once rejected, always rejected' type of thing. As I got rejected last week, I am currently thinking about my options as well on what to do from here.
Hey!

First of all, I am sorry to hear you got rejected this time around. I would absolutely encourage you to try again.

If you go back to the MEXT thread for 2017, you will see two members in particular who were on their THIRD time applying that year - and both got accepted! I believe both were active in the previous year's thread for MEXT as well. When I went for my interview, one of the other applicants there was on his second try.

There are many factors that can attribute to being rejected, like the proposal, language level, quota/budget, that year's competition, etc. What matters when you reapply are the ones you can control. Rework your research proposal and study the language over the course of this year. I can only speak from my experience, but I think I won the spot at my consulate because my research pertained to something very specific that was happening within the next two years in Japan in my field. I was just talking to someone the other day whose friend is in Japan on MEXT studying gender studies through visual kei. A popular YouTuber who talks about MEXT describes her winning research proposal as being focused on business start-ups surrounding the Tokyo Olympics.

Back
Top Bottom