What's new

Carefully, Japan Reconsiders the Trash Can

many cities have sidewalk cleaners, maybe that is the reason, also smoking out on the sidewalks these days is prohibited I think in all major cities.

Being a dog owner, I can attest to this:

If you walk your dog in a Japanese city, it gets even more complex, as a recent Washington Post piece noted:
Dog owners have to take dog waste home and flush it down the toilet: A paper bag inside a plastic bag makes that an easier prospect. But embark on a road trip and you have a problem. For that, you need a poop bag attached to a magnet, so you can stick it on the outside of your car on the way home.
We have recently acquired our "poop magnet". Don't forget to remove it from your car though. 🤣

It's required to have a poop bag when walking your dog here. Get caught without one and... it might hurt your bank account a bit.

With the G20 now here in Fukuoka they removed ALL trash cans even those for cans and bottles next to vending machines. I love carrying home a dripping used coffee can in my bag 😀

With the G20 now here in Fukuoka they removed ALL trash cans even those for cans and bottles next to vending machines. I love carrying home a dripping used coffee can in my bag 😀

Are you still drinking hot coffee in this weather?
I actually didn't know the G20 was in Fukuoka. Is President Trump attending?
You have a tourist business, right? Any pickup in business for you.

Are you still drinking hot coffee in this weather? Is President Trump attending?
You have a tourist business, right? Any pickup in business for you.
Cold coffee. Actually I hardly ever drink vending machine stuff but I'd just got off an overnight flight and was walking dead. Trump isn't in town, just the Finance Ministers I think. G20 doesn't really affect my business but generally speaking Kyushu is getting more and more popular. People go to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto on their first trip to Japan then look for somewhere more traditional for their next trip. Got a ton of people coming for the Rugby World Cup in October too.

Back
Top Bottom