What's new

Big decision

stephan

後輩
25 Aug 2004
Hello again

before few days i realize that my circle of life here in greece has closed from many years now.......so i take a big decision to leave this country in about 2 years from now ,and to go to live in japan with my japanese girlfriend(whitch intend to maried).but because i dont want to leave from here without any work skill(after i finish high school i do various jobs).....so from this september i will go
to a college.... but so far i dont know what speciality to follow......What i want from you people to tell me is what kind of specialitys/jobs are well paid in japan
so,when i leave from here in 2 years from now,to have somekind of skill,and not be just another unskilled worker in japan......for instance 2 things i have in mind is,1) of course computers(but what sector?) and 2) director of photography

i know that this thread may sound naive but i want your help ppl.

thanx in advance :?

First, you should make sure that you will meet the visa requirements in two years. Do you mean that in 2 years you will finish a bachelors degree?

More important than what specialties/jobs are well paid in Japan is "What specialties/jobs are well paid in Japan and hire foreigners?" Your visa status, the scarcity/abundance of Japanese people with the same skills, and your Japanese language ability will be important factors.

Do a Japanese course whilst doing anything else, it will be the most useful to to you.

And wow mike, do you have enough rep points? :p

Ewok85 said:
Do a Japanese course whilst doing anything else, it will be the most useful to to you.

And wow mike, do you have enough rep points? :p

I am as shocked as anyone. I didn't even have time to get used to having four green balls before I grew another one. And in the day or so I was wondering how many points it took to grow a glowing green ball, I had grown one.

Did I set some sort of record for getting there the fastest? It doesn't seem like I've been actively posting more than a month or two. Now Emoni will have to get even more fast and furious with her one-woman red rep campaign to drop me back down and give me a much needed lesson in humility. I was already insufferable, goodness knows what this distinction will do to me.

first of all thanx for the replys.mike and ewo85

Of course my main priority is to learn japanese in this 2 years i stay here,but at the same time i want to do some studies.

mike yes,i mean in the 2 years i finish the bachelor degree,but mike what is the visa requirements you talk about,can you name this requirements.btw i dont think i will have problems with my visa in japan because i will maried with my girfriend.and finaly
you have right when you say about the "What specialties/jobs are well paid in Japan and hire foreigners?" but i need more info ,or some examples if you like(excluded the english teachers).

please people(mike or anyother from japan or any other places)give me some ideas because in a few days from now i must take the decision what direction i have to follow in the college.please ppl....give ideas,infos...anything you may think that will be hellpfull to me

thanx

eer... Translator, but that requires lots of knowledge of Japanese language.

In a sense, you need a bachelors degree to get a 1 year work visa.
But since you're getting married to your girl when you get there, I'm sure you won't need a visa any longer.

Teaching languages is the main thing for foreigners in Japan, unless you have sufficent language skills to become a translator or fit into a seperate field (IT etc)

stephan said:
.btw i dont think i will have problems with my visa in japan because i will maried with my girfriend.

You're 100% correct. Where do you plan to get married? It doesn't really matter - I'm sure a modern country like Greece has an agreement with Japanese recognizing certificates of marriage. However, if you're going to get married in the next 12 months IN Greece, then you should immediately register your marriage in Japan - it will make future visa applications much easier.

Apart form several jobs such as a firefighter, police officer, or soldier where you might have to put you life on the line you can do almost any job in Japan if you have a spouse visa. I don't think you can work at City Hall - but those rules might have changed. Of course if you want to do a job that would 'normally' require a degree-level qualification, such as teaching, then just the spouse visa isn't going to be sufficient to get you a job. But that doesn't stop you going into business for yourself

Just a thought - but Greece is very much in the spotlight here in Japan now - thanks to 16 gold medals! But memories fade quickly.

Back
Top Bottom