What's new

Help Best Hairdresser scissor in Japan?

Weo

後輩
7 Oct 2020
Hello everyone!

I am Sergio from Spain. This is my first message in this forum (in fact, this is my first message in a non-spanish forum).
First of all, nice to meet you all!! :)👋

Secondly, I need your help about something related to Japan:

My boss asked me for help in finding the best Japanese steel scissors for his Hairdresser wife. Maybe you are asking yourself "Why such a weird ask from your boss??" Well, this is because I was living in Japan for 1 year and a half, and his wife said that Japanese Scissors are the best for Hairdressers, so he decided asking me.
I'm really trying to find information about japaneses hairdresser scissors brands and all that stuff, but I don't speak japanese properly (and I can not read kanji) so it's becoming imposible for me. That's why I'm trying in this forum; maybe someone knows about this and I can get some help.

I would like to know the best professional scissor for hairdreesers in Japan, brand and model (it seems that the japanese steel and their scissors and the best ones in this profession), what the professionals mostly use.

I have some friends in Japan (natives) and they are doing their best in helping me too, but none of them is Hairdresser or any relation to that, so I try in here 🤞

Anyway, I really appreciate the reading of my message, even you don't know the answer. Thanks in advance!
And in case I made some writing mistake (very likely 😅) please forgive me for my english skills!

Hello Sergio,
Fuji scissors. $400 to $800 each. Check out the link here

The name of the company is Fuji Scissors (富士シザー). Maybe you can find them on Amazon in Europe.

There seems to be a good market for second-hand Fuji scissors. (Sometimes called Fujiyama scissors). I guess if they are made well, they can be sharpened over and over.

Thank you so much to both of you!

I did some research yesterday before going to bed and I found a few ranking list about japanese steel scissors with the brand YASAKA in a very good position (maybe good quality and price, I don't really know), so I will tell my boss about those two brands. And I also have a female japanese friend who is going to ask her hairdresser next time she goes getting a haircut.

Thanks again for your help and your fast reply!! 🥰

I'm about to get a haircut this week so I will ask for you as well.

Btw your english is great and as you said, the first time to get on an English speaking forum, well done!!!

I'm about to get a haircut this week so I will ask for you as well.

Btw your english is great and as you said, the first time to get on an English speaking forum, well done!!!
That would be great!! Thank you!!

And about my english... thanks too! 😅 English level in Spain is pretty low, but I keep learning and practicing with tv-shows and music.
Maybe someday I can help someone around here with Spanish, I am good at that one 💪😂
Thank you again!!

I've heard from a barber in my neighborhood that a scissor he is using costs over 100,000 yen (approximately 1000 USD). He said it's expensive but he would use it throughout his life. Although I don't know the brand of the scissor he is using, a quick google search result says that Naruto Scissors is also popular.

Fortunately, they have an agency in Spain, so it would be helpful when maintenance is needed.

I've heard from a barber in my neighborhood that a scissor he is using costs over 100,000 yen (approximately 1000 USD). He said it's expensive but he would use it throughout his life. Although I don't know the brand of the scissor he is using, a quick google search result says that Naruto Scissors is also popular.

Fortunately, they have an agency in Spain, so it would be helpful when maintenance is needed.
A friend also told me about that brand, Naruto. He said it is like the Roll Royce in the world of the scissors hahaha
Expensive but very good quality.

I'm getting a lot of information about scissors in this forum. I wasn't expecting so much! Thanks a lot!!!

Mine are Equinox Professional brand from Amazon. I like them but you have to make sure it's wound tight or else snipping can CAUSE a split!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom