What's new

Animated Avatars; Any Collectors Out There ??

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003

It's really amazing how many animated GIFS are out there on the internet for free. Many were too big to use on the Forum so I found a program by Ulead Company called GIF Animator 5 that can resige them up or down. I've always wondered if and how you can send GIFS to someone over the PC for them to use. Anyone know a quick easy way to send them to friends? I also wonder about copyright laws for using GIFS you get off the internet. All the protected ones seem to have a block on them one way or the other that prevents you from downloading them. Some request if you use their GIF you link back to their site; I have no idea what that means? Anyone else like messing with animation?

Frank

i used to have a basic ani editor many many years ago...but the animtion file size was always massive!
check out my profile page, there's a cool gif there, but i've lost the link.

that they want you to link to their page just means they want some exposure in return for using their gifs. Not that anyone would ever notice you using their gif with the immense turnover rate you have with those things :p

Even if someone did notice that you were using their gif they most probably wouldn't care and if they did, they'd tell you to "get that down NOW!" and being you, I'm thinking you wouldn't really care too much as you'd prolly have changed it long before getting the mail anyway :p

personally I don't like gifs... it's a webdesigner thing ;)

Moving gifs are all the rage with beginners in the field :p
(rotating skulls, burning fires and animated occult devil-star-thingies...mmm yeah..)

TwistedMac said:
Moving gifs are all the rage with beginners in the field :p
(rotating skulls, burning fires and animated occult devil-star-thingies...mmm yeah..)
i have seen many sites like that especially when i first got the internet!!! everything made in front page and hosted on geocities! hehehe

and if someone told me to take down a gif...i'd leave it there, just to see how far i could go before a lawsuit!

Down with the system

and yes...i do change my images quite a bit! 😌 but i like the one i've got at the moment...mostly because i quickly edited it to make it more personal...unfortunately you can't see the small text.

smoke said:
and yes...i do change my images quite a bit!
Well, I did mean Frankie, since.. well.. he can't stick with one for more than a day or so, but yeah.. compared to me (that has had this one all along) you do change alot I guess... compared to frankie you're a rock of ... not-changing.

my apologies! it's very late here and i've been on this pc for about 7 hours...only stopping for noddles and neccesary toilet breaks.

Do You Have Any Software You Use Dreamer?

dreamer said:
Well...I prefer creating my own animated gif ^^

I just got my Ulead program a couple weeks ago. I haven't even read the instructions yet. I want to try taking regular pictures with my camera and turning the pics into avatars. I have ZERO art skills, so I can't do anything with Paintshop or art type software. If you have any good ideas on making avatars, feel free to PM me, I can use the help.

Frank

😊

depends on what you are planing to do ^^'
For my part I'm using image ready to make animations like those on SNES

Hey Mr. Frank.

Can you help me out. Im buoldning a forum site similar to Href. I want to make a collection of Animated Avatars.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for starting a Animated Avatar collection. Any help I could get ould be great.

Thanks in Advance:

Martial.

The Whole Deal Is A Hassle !!

The big problem is the avatars are all different sizes, too small or too big.
You have to have(BUY) a program that can shrink or enlarge them to the size you need. You also need a good virus program to check them when you download them; my PC was ruined by a bad avatar with a virus. I just find them with GOOGLE then work them over with A program by ULEAD. The other thing is a lot of them downloaded will take up a lot of room and slow your system WAY DOWN. As soon as I finish, I download mine to an external hard drive. SO, the bottom line is, you need time and money to mess with avatars that are animated. Anything I can help ya with, let me know!

Frank

:)

Frank D. White said:
You also need a good virus program to check them when you download them; my PC was ruined by a bad avatar with a virus.
Well...harmful code embedded in pictures is quite an ancient issue, and I 've never had any problem with firefox. As far as I know only internet explorer had this problem, but I guess it means you should simply update your browser ^^

I need to learn this art, as well, so that I can compete with Master Frank's Garden of mysteries' avatars.....

Back
Top Bottom