What's new

All Gaijin look alike LOL

den4

先輩
15 Nov 2002
This story cracked me up....

hxxp://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/news/20060228p2a00m0na001000c.html

Police left red-faced after arresting Japanese woman they thought was a foreigner

KAWAGUCHI, Saitama -- Red-faced police released a woman they had arrested for not carrying her passport after she proved to be Japanese, police officials said.

The officials said local police had deemed that she was non-Japanese because she looked like a foreigner and did not say anything in response to questions in Japanese.

Local police were apologetic about the mistake. "We caused great trouble to the woman. We'll take measures to prevent a recurrence," the head of Kawaguchi Police Station said.

At around 7:40 p.m. on Saturday, three officers spoke to a 28-year-old woman walking on a street in Kawaguchi, and asked her name and nationality because she looked like a woman from Southeast Asia, according to the officials.

After saying, "I'm Japanese," she refused to talk to the officers, who took her to the police station. After she refused to respond to the questions officers asked her in Japanese, police deemed that she was a foreigner.

The officers confirmed that she was not carrying her passport, and arrested her for violating the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Law. She subsequently wrote down the name of one of her family members on a sheet of paper. One of the officers contacted her family and found out she is a Japanese national.

Police quoted the woman's mother as telling them, "My daughter wouldn't talk to anybody she doesn't know." (Mainichi)
Click here for the original Japanese storyClick here for the original Japanese story

February 28, 2006 :D

Japanese generally all look the same to me to be honest, I have trouble distinguishing them. All short, black hair, similar facial structures... I mean at least in America there are hair and eye color variations.

SortOf said:
Japanese generally all look the same to me to be honest, I have trouble distinguishing them. All short, black hair, similar facial structures... I mean at least in America there are hair and eye color variations.

Japan is a one race nation (well almost).

basicly we are all the same, founded in africa 60.000/80.000 years ago, were black at that time, started moving to places where the sun was shinning less, became whiter, became shorter on places where they have mountains...etc

lastmagi said:
This story was already mentioned here, just so you know: Police arrest foreign-looking Japanese

out of curiosity, why are we masking the links? I always thought people did that for stuff they didn't want others to steal, but since this just a news story....

sorry 'bout the repeat news item....

some news links get upset that their links get siphoned off elsewhere, so I figured mask it to be safe....

Back
Top Bottom