What's new

ABOUT "MAKE A DONATION" BUTTON !!

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
I went to the bank and put in for a debit card to use with paypal(Week to 10 days to get) so I can make a donation. I noticed on a gun forum I belong to , that they give a shiney avatar like badge to people who donate. It seems like a good idea, people see it and decide they want one also. It seems to be a big hit & status symbol with all the members wanting one. I guess it does allow everyone to see who is putting up money to support the Forum. Might be worth taking a poll to see if other members would like a recognition symbol for donating or if it would cause hard feelings & embarassment.

Frank

I don't think it's a good idea because it reminds me of "haves" and "havenots". You also have the people who cannot for various reasons, or those, like me, who can't right now because we have to wait for the latest restructuring and see if we still have a job. Just my thoughts.

Frank D. White said:
I went to the bank and put in for a debit card to use with paypal(Week to 10 days to get) so I can make a donation. I noticed on a gun forum I belong to , that they give a shiney avatar like badge to people who donate. It seems like a good idea, people see it and decide they want one also. It seems to be a big hit & status symbol with all the members wanting one. I guess it does allow everyone to see who is putting up money to support the Forum. Might be worth taking a poll to see if other members would like a recognition symbol for donating or if it would cause hard feelings & embarassment.

Frank

Hey H.!!! :)

I kind of agree with H. about this one. Some of us might need to run it by our shujin first... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Haivart said:
I don't think it's a good idea because it reminds me of "haves" and "havenots". You also have the people who cannot for various reasons, or those, like me, who can't right now because we have to wait for the latest restructuring and see if we still have a job. Just my thoughts.

but does that really matter? i mean, would you really be THAT envious of the guys that have it?.. it doesnt really DO anything but show his patronage.. youre not less of a person for not having it...

Back
Top Bottom