What's new

Donators' benefits

Maciamo

先輩
17 Jul 2002
Hi all !

We have created a new usergroup for members who have donated to JREF. In addition to the new "donator" user rank, these members will enjoy a bigger mail box (so far 500 PM's instead of 210), will be able to use message tracking, have bigger avatar and private picture size (120x120) as well as have some special permissions, such as seeing who left ratings, viewing who is online and who is in invisible mode, edit/delete events in the calendar (for upcoming JREF parties and meetings :p ) and maybe more in the future.

This is a way to thank supporting users. Most users might not be aware of the cost of maintaining a server and the various script licences (forum, gallery, directory...), which Thomas and I have to pay to assure the optimal quality of the website. Add to this the long hours of technical manipulations and thinking of how to constantly improve Japan Reference. 😌

Show us your appreciation and support by becoming a financial contributor to the JREF cause. 👍

Maciamo

A Very Painless Process !!

I WORRIED ABOUT NOTHING !! I WAS SURPRISED HOW EASY THE WHOLE THING WAS.PAY PAY GIVES YOU A TON OF INFO TO MAKE EVERYTHING GO SMOOTH.
YOU CAN PRINT COPIES FOR YOUR RECORDS.PAY PAL
E-MAILS YOU CONFIRMATION AND IT SAYS THEY MAIL YOU A COPY OF EVERYTHING.FOR YOUNG PEOPLE THE CATCH IS YOU NEED A CREDIT CARD: BUT MOM & DAD
WOULD BE GLAD TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS ALL THE GREAT KNOWLEDGE YOU GET ON THE FORUM!!
ANYWAY, TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT !!

Frank

I just made my donation, not much but more will follow as time passes. Great job on the forums, and I really enjoy reading/being a member of them.

Thanks, Maciamo/Thomas. 👏

EDIT: Frank, you are quite a charactar. Your posts lighten this forum up a good bit lol. 🍜

How much money ? i mean i was gooing to donate like ツ」20 but if others are like donating like 100's then ill look abit of a fool. !

Arch said:
How much money ? i mean i was gooing to donate like ツ」20 but if others are like donating like 100's then ill look abit of a fool. !

Anything is welcome, but paypal already charges 5US$ for transferring into a non-US bank account (which is our case). Fortunately, we do not have to transfer each donation one by one...

Golgo_13 said:
What do we get for all these "Reputation" points?

Glenn said:
The satisfaction of knowing that you are helpful and giving. Haha.

What!

...you mean ........ there's no cash involved? ......No gold at the end of the rainbow?:frown:

Bugger!:eek: :mad: :kaioken:

ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停?

Before the Jref upgrade there was a Donate link on the index page. This has now vanished. Hopefully it will re-appear. What you did was click on it and it would take you into paypal and you would pay from there. Quite simple really, but you will need to register with paypal to donate.
Where's the donate link, admins?:?

there seems to be many questions about Paypal, so some info:
PayPal is an Internet business which allows the transfer of money between email users and merchants, avoiding traditional paper methods such as checks/cheques and money orders. PayPal also performs payment processing for e-commerce vendors, auction sites, and other corporate users, for which they charge a fee. Corporate headquarters are in San Jose, California; it is now an eBay company.

have a look at their link for more info: www.paypal.com,

Mycernius said:
Before the Jref upgrade there was a Donate link on the index page. This has now vanished. Hopefully it will re-appear. What you did was click on it and it would take you into paypal and you would pay from there. Quite simple really, but you will need to register with paypal to donate.
Where's the donate link, admins?:?
Yeah, it was that simple. The "Donate" button took me to a page that already had JREF filled out as the recipient (sp?). All I had to do is fill out the amount I wanted to donate and enter my Paypal userid and password.

lol doesnt 1 of the admins live in tokyo? can i just give him some money rather then use paypal?

Donated 10 bucks.. lol i didnt know i could use CC i went to see if my new pay pal is working

Is it possible to show us how many donations you people got the last year? well at least the Donators in here... and what you do with it?

Dutch Baka said:
... and what you do with it?
:romance:
.... Dave, we hadda sholly good toime! And toashted to oll donatorsh... sheers! :gulp:

Back
Top Bottom