What's new

2006 JREF Best Post Awards

Wow, what a good idea for a thread, but I can't remember a particular response that stuck with me. :mad: I do like Mike's posts though, so I'm happy to go with the one in the OP! 👍

Wow, what a good idea for a thread, but I can't remember a particular response that stuck with me. :mad: I do like Mike's posts though, so I'm happy to go with the one in the OP! 👍

Kinsao, it doesn't necessarily have to be a "response." It could be an opening post. None caught your fancy last year?

I do what I can to bring joy and sunshine. Limits on sarcasm? Do we really want to go there? I believe in light of the our New Year's evolution, it is proper to test the boundaries and explore the limits of our freedom of speech here. Certainly it is provocative, but it is neither meanspirited nor does it have the potential of causing lasting harm or loss.
Repeatedly taking insults, barbs, and blows and being restricted from responding for about a year due to a particular person's "status" rankles me to the core. I would ask a bit of latitude and indulgence in this matter. Disregard this entirely if it is offensive, and I will issue appologies.

You have a point but you like to stir things up a bit too sabro.

I haven't been able to contribute much to jref recently but I have noticed the kinds of posts that dominate have changed a bit lately-too bad we lost lexico who seemed to be able to bring people back to a more neutral and constructive stance and diffuse blind criticism or solipsism.

I am guilty as charged. Sometimes intentionally, but more often I am simply unaware how rude and condescending I can sound. I don't mind correction and criticism. I will usually read any criticism quite closely and seriously.

In the long run I do want to see this community grow. I like the diversity that I find here. We really can't afford to lose members like Lexico, CC1, Bossel and so many others that left in 2006... and it is good to see Mars Man, Tsuyoiko and Censport posting again.

Hummm??? I don't know???

I'm still nervous about this plan of putting the bell around the cats neck? Still might not be safe for us mice yet.

Uncle Frank

😊

You misunderstand. I was alluding to making a post insulting you.

But maybe Ayu-youkou has some masochistic tendency and likes to be insulted? :?

@ ArmandV : of course not, doesn't everyone know I only post in the J-pop section? ;-)

Kinsao said:
@ ArmandV : of course not, doesn't everyone know I only post in the J-pop section?
You do?! :p Although I kinda wish I liked J-pop just so that I can read more posts of yours there, Kinsao. Your posts are always convincing and well-thought with witty humors I like very much.

rofl actually flame posts do not hurt me personally at all, so those I don't keep in mind either.

I get a dozen of insults every day on one of the sites I administrate of people who just like to act dumb or are banned and return to say how much they love me ^_^

I can't recall a reply/post that had impact on me and stuck with me.

I could do it, but it wouldn't be the kind you would like.

Maybe I would, so it doesn't hurt to link me :)
Hook me up with it (like maybe send in PM) ^_^

You misunderstand. I was alluding to making a post insulting you.

Damm mike, *** can u try to curb your need to make random problems at random posts with random people for this 2007?

I don't see how the connection comes to this point, the person says they can't remember a memorable post and you just go off in some insane wild tangent that you could make them remember one such post by insulting them. Trying to connect the dots here but I all see are loopholes and incoherent abrasiviness sometimes masquaraded with pungent sarcasm. How many times I've seen you pick on random posters using irony and sarcasm of the lowest common denominator and then you complain when mods delete/edit your posts or lock the continous quarrelsome threads that you perenially propagate as trying to censor you.

I didn't see any problem with it. I thought it was a funny joke. I don't think the "target" has a problem with it either.

Man I wonder??

Has the "real" DUO been killed off and his place taken by {another we know so well}? You have had your cheeks puckered for the last 4 months you are so up tight. I feel like the "dictatorship" is back , how about you lighten up a bit or send your coments to the person by PM. Has something bad happened in your life to make you so down? Sorry to pick on you, but your old self had a sense of humor and was a "laid back" type, I miss it so much. I was tempted to send a PM to say this, but your "mood" is affecting us all here at JREF and I guess I wonder if I am the only one who has noticed it?

Uncle Frank

? Maybe it is me that is out of line and just "too easy" ?

:?

I didn't see any problem with it. I thought it was a funny joke. I don't think the "target" has a problem with it either.

But if it was someone a little less relaxed or good spirited it may have turned a different way, I for one when I read it was pretty annoyed at it.

The Best Leaving 'em Hanging Thread...

Getting back on topic...

I would have to nominate Carlson's "This is the story" thread for the Best Leaving 'em Hanging Thread. With multiple pages of the ups and downs of his relationship with a Japanese girl, Carlson hasn't posted in a while. The last he said was that they were to be married around September-October. Did they? Are they even still together?

Has the "real" DUO been killed off and his place taken by {another we know so well}? You have had your cheeks puckered for the last 4 months you are so up tight. I feel like the "dictatorship" is back , how about you lighten up a bit or send your coments to the person by PM. Has something bad happened in your life to make you so down? Sorry to pick on you, but your old self had a sense of humor and was a "laid back" type, I miss it so much. I was tempted to send a PM to say this, but your "mood" is affecting us all here at JREF and I guess I wonder if I am the only one who has noticed it?
Uncle Frank
? Maybe it is me that is out of line and just "too easy" ?
:?
Hmm, I donna that I'm different, if anything I've been less and less here that yes. I don't see how my post is out of place here. I'm just making an assesment based on my opinion using concrete examples, I didn't in any way distort the thread... in fact I was pretty lighthearted in my previous posts, I even nominated a post myself. Anyways this is all I'll say on this...don't want to digress 2 much away from the thread

I nominate myself for the "Most Untruthful Thread", for a thread that I started saying that I was leaving. :LOL: (Edit - although I did mean it at the time, I wasn't just trying to wind people up >_<)
Perhaps, though, this isn't the real me that is still here? :mad: :D

Not-so-cleanest Thread Award (despite title)...

goes to "Soaplands." Especially the last page concerning the "members only" and "Japanese only" signage:

soapland?

Back
Top Bottom