What's new

2006 JREF Best Post Awards

ArmandV

Eight Times To Japan
Contributor
18 Oct 2004
There's been a lot of excellent posts this past year. Your favorites should be recognized. My nominee is Mike Cash's post in which he ended it with,

"The logical disconnect is astounding!"

Could you post a link. I did a search with the quote and found only this thread.

That is a tuff question.

Could you post a link. I did a search with the quote and found only this thread.

That is a tuff question.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the actual thread. I just remember Mike's response, which I wrote down. Sorry.

Let's try to keep sarcasm and provocations to a minimum this new forthcoming year, shall we ;)
Does this mean I can't vote for threads which I think are unintentionally hilarious? Those are sometimes the best ones.

There's a few going on even as we speak.

Let's try to keep sarcasm and provocations to a minimum this new forthcoming year, shall we ;)

I agree. Let's not go out of our way to stir up stuff. Unintentionally funny stuff is okay, just keep it respectful.

Does this mean I can't vote for threads which I think are unintentionally hilarious? Those are sometimes the best ones.

There's a few going on even as we speak.

I am not the proponent of this thread so i have no say what to vote or where. i suppose everything is ok. I was just referring to the post of the member above that indirectly threw a lil dart to we know who....so just tryin to keep debate from escalating in the future, I think we had more than enough digital drama this past year in here

I do what I can to bring joy and sunshine. Limits on sarcasm? Do we really want to go there? I believe in light of the our New Year's evolution, it is proper to test the boundaries and explore the limits of our freedom of speech here. Certainly it is provocative, but it is neither meanspirited nor does it have the potential of causing lasting harm or loss.

Repeatedly taking insults, barbs, and blows and being restricted from responding for about a year due to a particular person's "status" rankles me to the core. I would ask a bit of latitude and indulgence in this matter. Disregard this entirely if it is offensive, and I will issue appologies.

Cash gets my vote for his acidic replies, always humorous to read. We're all thinking it, he just says it out loud.

Armand for his all-around excellent prose.

Frankie for his nice guy big-brother mentality that has been steady as a rock since day one.

I do what I can to bring joy and sunshine. Limits on sarcasm? Do we really want to go there?
Sarcasm... she is my anti-drug... And no, as far as silencing that, we do NOT want to go there... it's part and parcel of a well formed sense of humour.

Cash gets my vote for his acidic replies, always humorous to read. We're all thinking it, he just says it out loud.
Armand for his all-around excellent prose.
Frankie for his nice guy big-brother mentality that has been steady as a rock since day one.

Don't forget Pachipro for his interesting stories in Japan.

Thanks for the nod.

Back
Top Bottom