What's new

20 year old interested in visiting Japan...

synce

後輩
10 Sep 2008
I just have some random questions I hope you guys can answer.

1. What's the typical weekly living expense for a tourist?
2. Is it better to visit alone or with a friend?
3. What's the best way to get laid without paying for it?
4. Is there anything illegal in USA that's legal in Japan, or vice versa?

Thank you! :)

You did well until question 3 & 4.

Now,your computer has been traced by the Japanese secret police and your name and info added to a database of people not allowed into the country.

Uncle Frank

:eek:

1. Lonely Planet says US$90 per day. Your mileage may vary.

2. Depends on you.

3. Oh, brother!

4. yes

I just have some random questions I hope you guys can answer.

1. What's the typical weekly living expense for a tourist?
2. Is it better to visit alone or with a friend?
3. What's the best way to get laid without paying for it?
4. Is there anything illegal in USA that's legal in Japan, or vice versa?

Thank you! :)

1: I spend about 20,000yen per week here and it includes food, transport and some random things such as books and so on

2: Are you the lonely kind or do you prefer company?

3: Going into your bed and hope for a wet dream?

4: Well...just try your luck and tell us if you get arrested ;)

1. This really depends on what you like to do.
2. I personally would rather travel with a friend, but that is my preference.
3. I guess it depends on what you mean by paying.
4. Why don you list what you are worried about, making a list of everything would take time. If you are referring to any sort of illegal drug, then yes it is still illegal. DON'T TRY TO BRING THEM WITH YOU.

Oh, in the case of number 3, there are meat market type bars here just as there are in the US.

Thanks for the responses so far! Just to clarify a bit on some things...

1. I plan on going out a lot, visiting clubs, temples, anything, not so crazy about souvenirs, or Japanese food... or food in general

2. I don't have any close friends or a girlfriend, just some people from school and work

3. I barely know the language so can I make my looks work for me at some club, rather than visiting a brothel?

4. Specifically interested in anything that involves drinking and sex (legal drinking age, age of consent, difference in public drinking/sex laws and consequences, etc)

ALSO! I have a 5th question.

5. Better to visit in winter or summer?

I hear summer's a ***** over there with the humidity and everything, but then there's probably a lot of scantily dressed girls too... Good trade off? Let me know what you think.

Thanks again!

1. I hope you have tons of money to burn, especially at clubs that charge you 4000-10,000 yen just to enter.

2. Shrug. How independent a traveler are you?

3. Uh, yeah. Right. Sure. Some do. Just be aware of the high rate of STDs here, and the fact that few females use condoms. Plus, if you pick up someone in a gaijin bar, odds are she's slept with plenty of other patrons there.

4. Why Japan? Thailand is calling.

5. Summer heat/humidity depend on location. Same with winter cold/snow. Girls dress scantily all year round in some areas, despite snow. What kind of weather do you prefer (as if it matters, knowing your sexual predation)?

shouldn't the title have simply been "Horny 20 year old interested in trying to get laid in Japan and little else"? :eek:

1: clubs are expensive if you don't know the right people only ;)
I usually spend 1000-2000y per night

2: There is a french saying "Mieux vaut être seul que mal accompagné" meaning "better off alone than in bad company"

3: From experience I can say that your looks won't do you any good unless you look like Brad Pitt or some other hollywood star. We are a small group of foreigners here and so far, only those with minimum japanese skills managed to get a few phone numbers.

4: Glenski is right...in Thailand somehow you can even get 12YO kids...or so my sister saw...makes me puke just thinking about it...

5: Women are dressed rather scantily in LA all year round ...might cost you less money for the trip and you'll also be able to communicate with the locals...

1: clubs are expensive if you don't know the right people only ;)
I usually spend 1000-2000y per night
Didn't you leave out a zero there?
4: Glenski is right...in Thailand somehow you can even get 12YO kids...or so my sister saw...makes me puke just thinking about it...
Let's be clear about one thing. I am not advocating the child sex trade.

Didn't you leave out a zero there?

No, I meant 千円 to 二千円. Shibuya clubs often have special coupons or invitations as far as I am concerned, but as I said before, I have been living here only a couple of weeks.

Let's be clear about one thing. I am not advocating the child sex trade.
I did not mean such a thing...sorry if I was unclear...

3. I heard a rumor that Rose E. Palm relocated to Tokyo and is available 24/7.

If all your statements above are serious, you'd be better off not coming to Japan. It is very much likely you'd get into troubles, I don't think Japanese police and the meals and accomodation they offer are not exactly what you're seeking... (And other American travellers don't want a bad name.)
(Besides, whatever is going on underground, prostitution is illegal in Japan.)

4. Fireworks. Especially in the summer time, you can easily and legally purchase home/personal size fireworks, unlike most cities/states in the US.

Back
Top Bottom