What's new

関西弁の質問

qianyuxuan

後輩
28 Nov 2006
1. できるやんか!―「人間って欠けているから伸びるんや」

2. 冗談やんか

What is ~~やんか?

I don't about you, but 関西弁 expressions many times is a 'read-stopper' to me.

I'm not native Kansai-speaker, but my educated guess is that やんか means something like "isn't it so?"

できるやんか - (See) you can do it
冗談やんか - You're kidding (right?)

Thanks, it is mentioned in the doc.
it's actually feminine and ではないか。。。
Yeah I was surprised to see that too, because I say 「・・やんか」 a lot. But then again, I do tend to talk kind of female-ish in Japan because the Japanese I heard at home was my mother's. :oops:

I beg to differ. "~ yan" / "~yan ka" is NOT feminine at all.
It's just Kansai-ben word that both men and women use.

I'm not native Kansai-speaker, but my educated guess is that やんか means something like "isn't it so?"
できるやんか - (See) you can do it
冗談やんか - You're kidding (right?)

The website is really good, one of the best in explaining Kansai grammar without going through minute details. I just hate it when I have to read bunch of explanations when one or two examples would have worked. Books in Japanese about Kansai ben are generally like that.

I beg to differ. "~ yan" / "~yan ka" is NOT feminine at all.
It's just Kansai-ben word that both men and women use.

I am sorry, but the moles' nest 何処ですか?

The website is really good, one of the best in explaining Kansai grammar without going through minute details. I just hate it when I have to read bunch of explanations when one or two examples would have worked. Books in Japanese about Kansai ben are generally like that.
So you have some books on 関西弁?grammar or something of that kind?

Last edited:
I am sorry, but the moles' nest 何処ですか?

So you have some books on 関西弁?grammar or something of that kind?

No I wouldn't buy those books. I always get them from the library. The ones that I've read recently is written by Japanese though, if you want the name I can give it to you.

Back
Top Bottom