What's new

教えられていると言った方が正しい

Thanks for both responses guys,

I am really confused. What gives the indication of needing to read this with sarcasm? Also what is the correlation between wakaru and oshierareteiru? I am unsure of what the speaker is trying to say just giving these two sentences. :/

Thanks for both responses guys,

I am really confused. What gives the indication of needing to read this with sarcasm? Also what is the correlation between wakaru and oshierareteiru? I am unsure of what the speaker is trying to say just giving these two sentences. :/

Wakaru would indicate he understood it on his own. The other guy is smacking that down by pointing out it would be more correct to say he knows because he was TOLD by somebody else. Contradicts him and insults his intelligence into the bargain.

Last edited:
OH, that makes sense. But one thing I am confused about doesent that mean that the guy getting smacked down is saying the first line, and the other guy is saying the second line (理由などない。だがワシにはわかるのだ。) because the first line is includes washi which means "I" correct? Then the other guy proceeds to say in a sarcastic tone "It would be more accurate to say you were told that"?

The first and second line are said by the same person. The speaker says that "There is no reason I can understand it. Or, it's more likely to say I'm being informed (it by someone/something) rather than I understand." Only the context tells that what "it" and "someone/something" refer to.

Back
Top Bottom