What's new

がなにか?的な誌面が続く。

zuotengdazuo

Sempai
8 Dec 2019
ネットのジョーク記事を五十倍くらいの生真面目さで論考してみましたがなにか?的な誌面が続く

Hi. Could you please explain the structure of the red part? It looks a bit strange to me.

By the way, does the underlined part mean "with the seriousness"?
Thank you.

~がなにか? means ~が、それに何か問題でもありますか? or something along the line. It's often used in a "so-what" attitude.

does the underlined part mean "with the seriousness"?
Yes, but 生真面目 sometimes means very serious or too much serious with a negative nuance.

~的な works as ~というような/~みたいな , so it can be attached to a quotation directly. This is a slangy expression mostly used young people, though.

Thank you again.
So how can I translate がなにか? "Is there anything wrong with it"? Or "no more than"?

Thank you.
You said it was often used in a "so-what" attitude, which leads me to think it might mean "no more than" or "just" (i.e. the speaker doesn't consider whatever is written in 誌面 important).
So what do you mean by "so-what" attitude?

"So what?" as "Is there any problem here?". The one who has this attitude is not the speaker but the writer(s) of the articles (in 誌面, not ネットのジョーク記事). You misunderstood this, by any chance?

Thank you.
You misunderstood this, by any chance?
Not quite. Maybe I misunderstood something else.
So the meaning of the whole sentence is "the writer(s) of the articles in 誌面 don't think there is any problem with studying ネットのジョーク記事 with 50 times as much seriousness as the writers of ネットのジョーク記事", right? If so, how does the "so what" fit in the context? The writer(s) of the articles in 誌面 downplay the significance of their own study?:unsure:

So the meaning of the whole sentence is "the writer(s) of the articles in 誌面 don't think

I'll stop you there, because "The writer(s) (or anyone) don't/doesn't think XXX" is not the main meaning of the sentence to begin with.
The main verb is 誌面が続く, or "articles continue (to appear)", and everything else before the 的 is describing what kind of articles they are.

The writer(s) of the articles in 誌面 downplay the significance of their own study?:unsure:
No, and I'm not really sure where you're getting "significance" or "studies". They're articles described (by the author of the sentence you posted as) "I (i.e. the author of the 誌面, not the writer of the original sentence) analyzed a joke article from the internet fifty times more seriously (i.e. than it deserves)...you got a problem with that?"

The author of this sentence is disparagingly commenting on a series of 誌面 that take internet parody articles way more seriously than they deserve (and are defensive/have a so-what attitude toward the fact that the premise of their 誌面 is somewhat nonsensical).

Thank you, bentenmusume-san. I see.
No, and I'm not really sure where you're getting "significance" or "studies"
I originally think the sentence means the writers of the articles in 誌面 adopt a so-what attitude towards the studies (an mistranslation of 論考) by themselves, which idea doesn't make sense. But actually the attitude is directed towards others who think the contents of their 誌面 are nonsensical. I.e. The writers of the articles in 誌面 get their own way despite the criticism from others. This is the intended meaning, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom