What's new

「いっぽうの」に関して

Kraise

先輩
8 Mar 2013
1 - いっぽうの南葛、気合いのはいった早いつぶしだ

There is something about this construction that makes comprehension tough for me.

How should I "intepret" this 一方、 気合に入った一方の南葛は 早いつぶしだ?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you everyone

Any help is appreciated! Thank you everyone

Is this from Captain Tsubasa?

I am not familiar with this manga, but I would read it as something like,

"On the other hand, the energetic part of Nakatsu will be crushed early."
Without any context, that what my first impression is.

Yes, its from captain Tsubasa,

Did you translate the first sentence or the rearranged one? I have mixed feelings about what it is really trying to say.

I was referring to the bottom-most sentence you posted in Japanese.

The first ippou means "on the other hand" or "alternatively".

Although for me, anyway, a little context goes a long way. I assume this is talking about a soccer game, right?

Yes,

The bottom-most sentence is the one I rearranged, I tried to make a meaning out of the former sentence. About "Ippou" do you have a tip on when I should take it as "a trend" and when I should take it as "on the other side"? I guess this is the thing bothering me the most

The "trending" 一方 is seen with a modifying phrase indicating some sort of change. 一方 means the change is one directional
悪くなる一方 → only getting worse/just getting worse

一方 more generally just means one side (out of two). e.g. 一方の腕 and most of the other uses for it can be generalised from this meaning.

一方、 気合に入った一方の南葛は 早いつぶしだ?

This is what I translated...but now I think I put the sentence you wanted translated with the last part of the clause that you didn't intend for translation, right?

Now when I look at just いっぽうの南葛、気合いのはいった早いつぶしだ
I think it would mean something like,

Nankatsu, on the other hand, has a very energetic and quick crushing blow.

Or something to that effect.

EDIT: When I say "on the other hand" here, I just mean it in the sense that it is being compared to something else stated prior.

あー、分かるようになった。

どうもありがとう皆。今回もためになりました。

Back
Top Bottom