What's new

Youtube Let's Plays

Zlarp

先輩
21 Oct 2012
This is probably quite a niche thing, but I thought I'd ask. I enjoy watching people play video games as they comment on it. It's quite an established scene on the English youtubes. I also enjoy casted games of Starcraft and the like.

Now I was wondering if anyone knew some Japanese let's play channels I could watch? I found out it doesn't seem to be as popular as in English because PC games aren't as popular in Japan (and you don't really do a let's play on a visual novel I think). Still, I've had a little bit of success in my search:

vvcyt 縺輔s縺ョ繝√Ε繝ウ繝阪Ν - YouTube - Most of these people's videos seem to be about this weird programming game I've never heard of where you make a program for a robot and then have it fight other robots. I won't even try to get into this game before I understand Japanese enough to be confident I can use it to learn yet another language entirely. However, they also have some Starcraft and Warcraft 3 casts on there, which surprised me, since I didn't think people played those in Japan at all.

繧医≧縺薙◎ - YouTube Loooots of Minecraft stuff. I can't bear to listen to this because of the synthetic voice, though. Why do people do this?

繝ェ繝ウ繧ォ繝シ縺ョ繝√Ε繝ウ繝阪Ν - YouTube My favorite cast. Lots of random let's plays, mostly platformers. I like his voice and he's entertaining.

If you know any more good ones, I'd love some links. And if you're interested in these things, I hope my links helped you find something you like as well :)

I was surprised how much I loved watching people play Starcraft, when it was being broadcast in my local stations. You might be in better luck if you look for Korean gamer shows.

I was surprised how much I loved watching people play Starcraft, when it was being broadcast in my local stations. You might be in better luck if you look for Korean gamer shows.

Well, it's not hard to find Korean Starcraft broadcasts, that's an entire industry :) I was specifically looking for Japanese ones, though, since I'm sure some nerds are out there in Japan who play it despite its lack of popularity on the island. I mean, the channel I found can't be the only one who has them. I found a few on twitch TV as well, but not all that many, sadly. Still, what was broadcast seemed to be from some kind of tournament and the broadcasting was relatively accomplished, not just some guy sitting in front of his computer with a microphone, there was a lot of editing going on.

Just wondering, have you tried Nico Nico instead? I've watched quite a few entertaining LPs there, ranging from Skyrim to Mario to Ib.

(LPs are called 実況プレイ、or just 【実況】、 by the way)

Just wondering, have you tried Nico Nico instead? I've watched quite a few entertaining LPs there, ranging from Skyrim to Mario to Ib.

(LPs are called 実況プレイ、or just 【実況】、 by the way)

I'll search for "Nico Nico" then. And I got the "実況プレイ" becuse it's in their title (usually). Still, I thought I'd ask if anyone knew some quality ones.

Back
Top Bottom