What's new

Written Kanji

IsaacDavid

Sempai
9 Jun 2019
Is true this thought of mine? In written japánese(manga,newspaper,books....) is tended to use more advanced kanjis?

Last edited:
Mdchachi-san's answer is still valid. Your revised version is basically the same in meaning to the one(s) before you edited.

What are you comparing kanji in written Japanese with? In what situation do people tend to use less advanced kanji than the ones in written Japanese in your thoughts?

I'm talking about the japanese spoken language(They pronounce the kanjis) and the japanese written janguage.in the written language is tended to use more advanced kanjis than in the spoken.particularly in manga.isn't it?

That's exactly what Mdchachi-san pointed out, and what you are misunderstanding. No one can speak kanji. There is no kanji in spoken Japanese (there is no hanzi in spoken Chinese, and there is no hanja in spoken Korean, either). Your question is totally non sense. "The pronounced kanji" are not kanji anymore. There is no difference in spoken words whether it's originally written in kanji, hiragana, katakana or romaji.
People might tend to use more formal/academic words in written language than in spoken language. Words, not kanji.

when one pronounce japanese WORDS one is saying words that is written with kanji e.g if one says "wedding" one say kekkonshiki and is written 結婚式
So,one pronounce the reading of the kanji compound.why you dont get the idea of my question?

Because it's non sense. When people hear a word けっこんしき, no one can judge that the speaker is pronouncing whether kanji, hiragana, katakana or romaji since there is no difference in pronunciation among 結婚式, けっこんしき, ケッコンシキ and kekkonshiki. Again and again, your question is non sense.

and is written 結婚式
This is the key of your misunderstanding. It also can be written as けっこんしき, ケッコンシキ or kekkonshiki, right? Even when there is kanji for a word, it can be written in kana or romaji, too. And all the pronunciations are the same because they are the same word and just written in various ways.

Try to understand this time! In written japanese( in manga,newspapers...) Kanjis tends to be more advanced,and one have to use kanjis dictionary

Still non sense. What are you comparing "kanji in written Japanese" with? In what situation do you think kanji are less advanced than the ones in written Japanese? In spoken Japanese, no? I can't think of any other situation than "spoken language", which is not "written language".

Again and again and again, there is no kanji, no hiragana, no katakana, or no romaji in spoken Japanese, or any other languages. These differences are appeared only in written Japanese.

It makes sense if you are talking about the difference in using kanji between newspapers and manga for children, though.

Try to understand this time! In written japanese( in manga,newspapers...) Kanjis tends to be more advanced,and one have to use kanjis dictionary
@IsaacDavid, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you're posting from Colombia and maybe English isn't your first language, but you should know that this reads as very condescending, as if it's their fault for not "trying" hard enough to understand your question. In fact, they're trying to explain to you that your question is coming from a fundamental misunderstanding of how Japanese works. When people are having trouble with your question, consider that maybe it's not their fault.

To answer the question I think you're trying to ask: It's not the 'kanji' that's advanced, it's the vocabulary being used. Kanji are just a way to write the words; the reason you need a dictionary is because you don't know the vocabulary being used in those articles. If someone were reading the article to you and you didn't know the word, it doesn't matter if it were written in hiragana, katakana, or kanji; that's what Toritoribe is trying to explain.

To answer the question I think you're trying to ask: It's not the 'kanji' that's advanced, it's the vocabulary being used.
Yes, that's what I also thought, but the OP didn't seem to agree with it.

People might tend to use more formal/academic words in written language than in spoken language. Words, not kanji.

I'm not a native english speaker but i've done this question to a japanese language author that has writte books and in her first answer they replied me answering my question.if you see at this image of a manga japanese website,are not some of those kanjis more advanced(in the sense that they are more difficult)? i hope that you get the idea.

Attachments

• mang.png
    mang.png
    778.4 KB · Views: 194
uh, that's Chinese.

What do you mean, you asked this question to a Japanese writer and they answered your question? Could you share their response with us? If you already had a perspective on this from a native speaker, why would you withhold that information from us?

As nice gaijin-san pointed out, the kanji (strictly speaking, Chinese hanzi, not Japanese kanji) used in the page you linked are Chinese ones, not Japanese. The authors of those manga are Chinese speakers. The reason why there is no hiragana or katakana there, and there are plenty of kanji probably you've never seen so far there is simply because that's not Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom